1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Does this seem a good buy?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wolf5ster, 2 Jan 2017.

1. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

2. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

3. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Ok thanks seems a good option for the price, I wasn't sure if the AMD would be better though, saying that the i3 as antiglare display.

In comparison the i3 performs better overall and gpu?
    For low settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Not sure with GPU performance TBH, quick google will answer the question no doubt.

5. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

It meets the minimum specs thanks also got my eye on dell inspirion 5000 i3 7100.
    In general thinking about getting a laptop and console to replace the desktop listed in my sig.
    I have a dell latitude e6320 i5 2520m which is great but it's gpu is not up to spec.

6. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Only by seeing that the PS4 pro is as powerful as my pc and with the Scorpio coming out as well. To upgrade is going to cost me twice as much. Unless AMD is going to up trumps and knock NVIDIA prices down.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

Don't think there will be a vast reduction in prices at the high end, people are willing to pay the current rates or nvidia would not be making as much cash. AMD will price similar as the 480 and nvidia 1060 are.

8. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Ok thanks I will have a think I did purchase BF1 season pass also CODBO3 pass just before I broke up for xmas. I may wait to see what xbox scorpio as to offer and the price and efficiency.

9. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

Keeping an eye out for one of these on ebay or similar. I have seen the AMD one on ebay for £319 and an acer laptop with i3 5005 for £229. The one listed from PC world was only £279 last week I went to order it then decided to wait a bit longer.

10. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

11. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

It's really not a good time to buy a CPU. Prices are heavily inflated and every Zen CPU will be unlocked.

12. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

I'm in no rush just after bit of input thanks after browsing these great forums, scan and ebuyer for ideas.

13. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

OK cool. Kaby is piss take prices so I really would wait until Ryzen drops even if you do want to go Intel. Intel can not keep their prices like they are now. I think they know that as well as any one tbh. I just think it's a final hurrah before they get their prices back in line with reality.