1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Hands-On Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by JakeTucker, 27 Feb 2017.

1. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

How did I not know this was a thing?! I loved Bulletstorm, massively under-appreciated FPS that knew it was ridiculous and ran with it.

Hopefully it runs well in 4K, been looking for something to really make use of the benefit Freesync provides, and racking up some sweet murder combos with this should fit the bill perfectly.

Colour me excited.

3. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Am I missing something there? It's on Steam (~£15). Windows even realises that you're trying to play it and prompts you to download the patch to bypass all the Games For Windows Live nonsense.

I played the original through two or three weeks ago and I must admit it was brilliant fun. Even the original looks pretty good with everything turned up. Its been the last game in a long long time where I've sat for a full 7 hours and completed it in one sitting.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Yeah, another Steam owner of the original here.

Like Instagib says, one of those fun games I completed in a session or two. Also agreed is the fact that the original still looks good - I wonder if this updated version really will offer that much more.

5. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

That's bizarre. Thanks guys, sorry for the factual inaccuracy. I was sure I was looking for this <6 weeks ago and it wasn't on steam. I'm the dense one :)

6. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Dunno what the hell 'twitch' is but I liked the original game. Would usually agree that pre-order bonuses suck but in this case everyone knows what they are getting as there are already loads of reviews and footage available.

7. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

re; 'twitch' - not that Twitch, surely? Reaction time, rather than streaming.

8. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

the remake no one asked for

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

The sad thing is, I'm tempted purely for Duke Nukem.

10. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

There is a chance that it was taken off and then put back on. Kind of like Crysis 2. I think I do remember a period where there was no store page.

11. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

This was my thinking, although it could be a joke.

12. JakeTucker

JakeTucker Minimodder

No joke, with the games focus on "skillshots" and brutal, visually appealing rewards when you play ball, it's a game that's well suited for the Twitch streaming audience.

13. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I remember getting this on release and quite enjoying it, I know I had some friends watch me play it a bit and enjoyed it and I certainly remember one level where I got someone to watch me as I did the level to some music timing the kills to the beats or something.

14. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

Didn't even finish the review before coming here, just to say, as several others have done, that yes, it is indeed on Steam. I do seem to remember a time when you couldn't buy it, though. Probably around the time GfWL croaked and it wasn't sure if Bulletstorm would be patched. It turned up again later, though.

And now back to reading the review... ;-)

15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Loved the original. What a fun game.

MP was utter pony though. Hoping they sort that out this time. Co op would be incredible :D

Tags: Add Tags