1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Mechanical Keyboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raptor77, 27 Dec 2011.

1. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Hey don't you be sorry! you've not done anything.

I think the fact i've been off forums for the last 12 - 18 months has been used against me :D

Until I read all this stuff here I didn't think I had to say anything as I was under the impression I had satisfied my involvement in it all when I handed over the last boards that i built. Though I had a conversation with GK a while back, not on forums IRL that was about all this as well as he was under the impression I either had stuff, or did have stuff.

EDIT: yeah that's weird. The only stuff I had which I shouldn't have had was some guy called Epzy's keyboards, both one I was building him and 1 I had sold him - but that wasn't a clear cut case of me just hoarding his stuff, he changed what he wanted every 5 minutes, then kept getting stuff shipped to me from round the world, and it got long and convoluted and then when everything finally had arrived, I didn't have the time to do it.

all the CTRL ALT stuff being blamed on me is frustrating, as my involvement with them has been minimal with regards to physical stuff. I did lots and lots of work on keysets, but nothing really since then except making the JD40's, and all I did with keysets was logistics with manufacturers, I never had any physical goods in my hands with the exception of the parts to build the JD40's. But yeah, I don't even have a login to see order lists, so I don't know who ordered what, I was just going off what I was told to do, and that's what I did.

Last edited: 10 Apr 2017
  2. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

My Cooler Master TK Stealth started doing that. The only other PC I could try it on is the one I use at work and it has been totally faultless. It's either my USB port on my PC or the USB extension cable I was using.

Either way I now have a mech board at work and when a manager tried to use it the other day she got very confused by the lay out lol.

3. asura

asura jack of all trades

Just flicking through the last couple of pages of the GH60 buy - and noticed that in this post you're down as being a part of a US group GerogeK... which may explain some of your issues... quick check of the junk folder?

4. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Thanks for pointing that out - that was actually an error and my stuff is in fact in the UK. I'm just waiting on bunnylake to send it to me. He has had it packaged up for the last week but will only post on Fridays apparently and so due to the bank holiday that's another 2 weeks I'm to be waiting.

5. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

I'm glad everyone is getting thier GH60 pcb finally.

Shame it's so late! and that the PCB for the most part stinks :D

I mean, it's not a bad pcb, but it's hardly packed with features. The actual fabrication of the REV C boards is nice, it's just a shame that over the lifetime of this GB pcb's have become much more feature rich.

I've spoken to Bunny, and he is mostly right, I didn't speak to him for about 8 months, or there abouts, and in that time he didn't know what stock I did and didn't have. I was supposed to be building the boards still but there was a communication issue between us where he assumed I had stuff, and I assumed I was done with everything and as I didn't talk to him (we hadn't fallen out or anything, I just wasn't about) this was never cleared up until I caught back up with him and was back in the realm of the normal people. So he's never intentionally told anyone that I have stuff when he didn't know I didn't have stuff. Problem with Bunny as I see it is he is always trying to make everyone happy, and that's a tough order. So I don't think anyone should be put off CTRL ALT. Back when we started doing keysets - the amount of Bunny's own money he ploughed into projects was always startling to me. we would do stuff, I would bring nothing to the table except my wit and my charm, he pretty much bought an open cheque book. I can see why it's frustrating for you guys as you have paid for products which you haven't received... but he is trying to satisfy everything. The GH60 was nothing to do with him when it started but he's putting in the work now to sort it.

I guess just hold on in there :) I imagine you are all going to get all the things you want eventually. If you want a loan keyboard until you your new keyboards I'll lend you one!

So I don't think I was scapegoated, I think there was a communication breakdown which I am partially responsible for, but he is now working to resolve it.

Last edited: 12 Apr 2017
  6. Lankius Maximus

Lankius Maximus Minimodder

I stuck an aluminum case on my Tada68....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.....Makes a massive difference to the feel of the board compared to the original plastic case. Must weigh close to 2kg.

Just need a GMK yellow 6.25 spacebar if someone could point me in the right direction.... (not from the US!).

7. silk186

silk186 Derp

I'm going to China soon and I will pick up 2-3 new mechanical keyboards, one of which will be wireless.
    Will post when I get back.

8. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Is a Cherry G80-3000LSCGB-2 keyboard any good? There's one local to me (Bournemouth) on Gumtree at £30 .
    It fitted with MX Blues

9. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It's a solid typing board, or you could harvest the switches for a future project :winking:

10. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

Some of my current boards:

Vortex Core 47 with clears:
    [​IMG]

The White Fox with greens (first batch edition), Planck with greens, Pok3r III, Mistel Barocco with well, mostly Greens, I have replaced half of the keyboard, but then got called away and didn't get time to finish the other side... I need to sort that out! And the Infinity Ergodox.

[​IMG]
    The same White Fox, Pok3r and Planck as above, but with my orange and white key sets. I need one more orange one though!! Grrrr.

[​IMG]

KBP V60 with Orange and white caps

[​IMG]

11. Lankius Maximus

Lankius Maximus Minimodder

The Whitefox is awesome! Very jealous. Wish I had been involved in the Massdrop Gb but couldn't justify the import costs to the UK.

12. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

Yep it's a really nice board for typing... the only drawback is the size of the case, which is ridiculously large. As Shirty says you can harvest the switches for a future project or just keep it as a backup board if you're not going to use it as your daily driver.

In other news, today I received my Gamdias Hermes Essential keyboard which I got for £25, courtesy of a £15 ebay voucher. Even £40 for a full size, backlit Cherry MX mech keyboard is pretty good, but I wasn't going to pass up the chance of getting one for £25!

This one has very simple backlighting, a healthy side-serving of macro keys, and MX black switches.

Excuse the crappy mobile photo... I'll be using this for a while to see if I prefer it over my XTi.

[​IMG]

13. Arboreal

Thanks fellas, I'm happy with my K65 for gaming, and haven't been fully drawn in to needing mech boards everywhere.
    The only reason I'd buy the Cherry with Blues, would to pass on to a B-T member if it was a bargain compared to what's out there.

Looking at it again, it does look large; thanks for the heads up Lenny.

I think the only board which may tempt me (budget is really directed at an affordable GTX 970 next) would be the K70 locally on Gumtree.

I would get it for work, as the home keyboards get full of crap from the kids using them.

14. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

I couldn't go without my mech keyboard now. I despise using anything else. It feels ... dirty. :D

15. Arboreal

There's the voice of an addict speaking! :p:
    So, I do a bit of MX blue, I can stop any time...
    Great, we got the old icons back - I was missing 'em. Thanks Devs :thumb:

16. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Help needed. Today after over two years loyal service my space bar died. Everything else is ok, leading me to believe it's the switch only. I am back on the worst rubberdy gubberdy keyboard ever, so does any one have a switch they can send me? because it is the space bar and I thump the living crap out of it anything will do. It does not have to be a blue, as it's the space bar and you thump the living crap out of it lol.

Cheers guys. Really can't afford a new board ATM.

17. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Yup I have a spare cherry blue I can send you

18. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

My post office shuts at 1 so if you want the chance of getting it by tomorrow you need to be quick

19. davido_labido

davido_labido Your Alphacool Contact.

I have a lot of cherry greens if you want something a little bit heavier than a blue, I also have browns and reds I think (I will have to check though)

20. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Just sent VT a pair of new cherry blues, should get them tomorrow hopefully.