1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guides Water-Cooling with Hardline Tubing Guide: PETG and Acrylic

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 26 Jan 2018.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Personally, I'd rather have both. I can take in information significantly faster via text than video or audio, but for some things video is clearer - "turn the part and insert below the flange" is a bit vague in text, even with pictures, but if I can literally see the part being turned and inserted I've a much better chance of not screwing it up myself.

My ideal: full-step text with either a video walkthrough at the end or key parts picked out in shorter video clips included in addition to, not instead of, clear text.

Corky42 likes this.
  2. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Sorry. I sound like a broken record on this. BUT I ****ING HATE HARD LINE TUBING.

It LOOKS DUMB KIDS.

Give me 1/2"ID, 3/4"OD and some jubilee clips any day.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Pics and text work for me. I totally agree with what you are saying about seeing it visually though. The thing is, on many of the tutorials I've watched (because there was nothing to read) the person doing the video has often made mistakes. For example, a hackintosh video guide. Now the way I digest it is by seeing something for about 5 seconds, then pausing it, then continuing on. And the problem is humans are not robots, so they make mistakes. Then I get confused, then I end up having to either rewind and go back a couple of steps or start all over again.

Like you I take in reading much faster too. And find it far easier to digest, than some one who may be rushing or taking too long.

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

It sort of depends on the video and your own level of understanding as well IMO, sometimes you just want to know the gist of something and other times just more details of one specific stage, i think Mr H. nailed it when he said they both have there place/usefulness.

5. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

There's that too. People who need some beans for the waffle. 12 minute video that could have been covered in 30 seconds, had the person on it not been in love with their own voice.

6. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Then you will be in a for a bit of a treat later :thumb:

No cure for that I’m afraid, those looked bad 15 years ago. You get a pass ONLY if doing a motorsport themed rig

7. K404

K404 It IS cold and it IS fast

I really like this guide :D I saw it via the Bit-Tech newsletter :D Thankyou for putting it together!

The only thing I would do differently is not spend much time smoothing tubing cuts until I knew that it was precisely the right length. Like you say.... bits that are too long can be shortened. Somewhere in-between efficiency and laziness is only finishing the cut once :D

Looking forward to part two.

P.S..... hello all!

Maki role likes this.
  8. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

The article has now been updated with our video guide at the top of each page, so you have both in one place :) It's also in this very comment!

Tags: Add Tags