1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases Mid tower case build

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 2 Feb 2018.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

So I was bored of the over-sized NZXT Phantom 530, and wanted something smaller. So what better time to change it all when my old PSU was giving up, so a good reason to buy a Corsair HX750i and a new NZXT S340 to house it all, including the ridiculously over-sized Zotac 1080TI AMP! Extreme

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I love my S340 Elite...

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Feb 2018
    Anfield likes this.
  3. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

It's a great case that has really good cable management, and is a pretty solid build for such a small price to what I would normally spend on one. :)

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Looks like the image resize Gods missed you guys... :D

5. spolsh

spolsh Multimodder

Triple slot Zotac madness !

Guest-44432 likes this.
  6. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

I actually scaled mine down to 50% too! Maybe I'll do 25 next time.....

7. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Like you, I also used to spend hundreds on PC cases. Now I take a slightly different approach. I have a set of criteria that it must meet, and a set of nice to haves. Above all that is styling. If it ticks those boxes, I don't care what the pricetag is and generally speaking, the £50-150 market is where it's all at, at the moment anyway! The stupidly expensive cases are unnecessarily so. The one that's really caught my eye lately is the Lian Li Alpha 330 in white. Sub £100 and ticks ALL the boxes for me.

Guest-44432 likes this.
  8. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Exactly, I've spent stupid amounts on cases like the TJ07, etc, but the more I reach middle age, I seem to prefer more compact things, and the fact I have a 8 month old son that is almost walking, so I need to put my case on a desk soon, before little hands start pulling at wires... :)

9. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

They will discover power switches. Buttons are crack cocaine to toddlers. And little fingers can make their way in those fan hex holes too, I warn you.

I really like the S340 Elite, but those SSD places just irk me. I do like the white though..

Guest-44432 likes this.
  10. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Liking the purple!

Next time I change case I think I'll have to make sure there's some purple involved.

Guest-44432 likes this.
  11. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

You're right there! Lol

I liked the idea of the SSD's being on display, rather than hidden in a rack. It's refreshing from the norm. :)

Yeah I went for the purple interior as it's different, and actually looks better in person. :)

12. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Looks good, nice clean build you've got there.
    I've been contemplating reducing my Switch 810 down to a smaller case... it's way over the top for the single graphics card that I have inside.

13. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Thanks. Yeah, I've given up on SLI/CF as I mainly play games in VR, where there's a lack of support for it. So its another reason to downsize the build. :)

14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I was in the middle of a Civ VI game when my daughter found the power switch and I'd randomly find my PC on/off and one of them running out of our office scared at the fan spin-up.

15. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Lol, that's toddlers for you... :D

I will have to move my PC setup once little man learns he can climb out of his cot.
    But one good thing about our home, is the sockets are set high up the wall.

16. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Thanks for this true_gamer, i'm in love with the S340 elite now and will shift into one over the next few months!! Time to go DVD driveless!

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

USB DVD drive is the answer. You can use it with any PC/laptop and just draw it until you need it. So much more convenient.

Guest-44432 likes this.
  18. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Awesome, you won't regret it! - I can't remember the last time I used a ROM Drive, as everything these days is digital copies. :)

19. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Yeah i couldnt believe how cheap the wee blighters were!

It'll be nice to finally get rid of my Antec 1200 beast!

Guest-44432 likes this.