1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Metro: Exodus

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Pete J, 12 Jun 2017.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

2. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

*Sigh*

Another open world game that throws the established lore of the Metro universe out of the window. Not interested tbh.

Coincidentally I just finished Last Light last week. The game was great due to the creepy atmosphere, yes, but also due to the tight story pacing. Of course that always worked out great in open world games.

3. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

It didnt look that open world to me from the trailer. Most of it looked staged, i mean what i really want to know is can I push a bear of ANY cliff? :lol:

Can't wait for more Metro!

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Well you know what they say about canon, ITS LIKE A SHOOTA BUT BIGGA!

4A games being who they are I expect open world to mean larger maps with more open ended approaches than Ubisoft radio towers. That trailer looked to be keeping up the heavily scripted set up of previous Metros, plus if it's set on a train heading away from Moscow we're probably not going to be travelling back on ourselves much, which will limit how big the 'open' areas will be.

I am very pleased to see more Metro announced, even if it's more STALKER-ish I expect it to keep the same panicky atmosphere as the first two.

It's nice that they've taken the good ending and made it canon (like they made the bad ending of 2033 canon for Last Light), some other developers could take note about picking a direction for the story and advancing it (hello Bioware).

Last edited: 13 Jun 2017
  5. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

I instantly thought STALKER when it was announced. I haven't played the first one all of the way through yet - I must do that soon.

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

The chat I've heard about this being "Open World" seems to suggest that rather than being open world in the sense of Skyrim or GTA, levels are self-contained but there's more than one path that you can take through each level. More akin to Deus Ex than Skyrim, basically.

If that's the case, then I'm super psyched for this. I loved 2033 and Last Light for their atmosphere and storyline, so if this retains those qualities but also offers a more varied gameplay experience than a corridor shooter then it could be fantastic.

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

From what I've read, bawjaws has it right - it's not actually a true 'open world' game.

8. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Convinced there was an old Metro Exodus thread tucked away here somewhere so I thought I'd revive it! :grin:

Anyone else pickup this game? Grabbed myself a Steam pre-order including season pass just before it was pulled. Not regretting it! Classic FPS action and the RTX lighting is beautiful!

9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

I got it and am enjoying it muchly, aside from the new annoying niggles I have with Epic, IE - no cloud saves so I can't play it on both my two different PCs without lugging around a USB stick, if that's even possible and I can't run the benchmark because the Epic launcher won't let it run. The latter is equally annoying as it means I've had to wreck sections of the game sorting out the settings I used ,whereas I could have done that before I entered the game if the benchmark worked.

Epic has a long way to come. The game itself though? yeah, she's a cracker.

10. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Tis a very good game! :grin:

Must have really hit sale figures on the PC side switching to EPIC store! Curious what deal the publisher cut with EPIC to turn their back on the biggest distribution platform out there. Not convinced it could compensate the loss of Steam sales to be honest.

11. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

be interesting to see Epic sales numbers in a years time when gets released on Steam just to compare.

12. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Sure I read somewhere that digital sales will be included alongside physical sales numbers in a few months. Don't think Epic or Steam will fit into this equation since they're not publicly trading companies. So we may never know unfortunately!

13. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I bet you it was more than $10million and once the pre-orders on Steam are accounted for I bet the actual drop in sales wasn't much. The Epic Launcher has an install base in the tens of millions and they're all current users, as opposed to however many lapsed Steam accounts there are.

In fact Deep Silver have been making noise about how very happy they are with Exodus' launch period sales (a publisher happy with sales figures, what magic is this?), so it wouldn't surprise me if the game's digital sales were of a level that makes assessing the effect of skipping Steam impossible.

14. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Just doesn't seem to be much buzz about the game in the usual PC FPS circles.

15. Vault-Tec

It's not really a full blown FPS. It's 90% story, with some FPS and puzzle solving. You have to be into the story (and enjoy it) to get any value out of it tbh. I must say I did not really enjoy having to spend two hours watching cut scenes you can't skip to get to where I was on my other PC.

16. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Anyone try this with RTX on?

Been playing it this way since the start and just switched RTX off on the forest valley level and can really tell the difference immediately. With RTX off it looked like a very old flat video game. Amazed how much depth RTX adds to the forest level.

17. Vault-Tec

Not played this in ages and ages.

My brother helped me yesterday take over my new chair (office) and a set of drawers for the bedroom (Ikea) so once I have done the bedroom I can finally down tools (well sorta, I still have stuff to do) and get back to this.