1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Advice Required

Discussion in 'General' started by hudzoid, 26 May 2019.

1. hudzoid

hudzoid Minimodder

Hi
    I have a old zafira that my brother in law is going to going to do some work on next week.

The problem is that the radiator has got a leak and I need to drive from Dorset to Kent.

The recovery guy recommended k seal as temp fix which seem to have stopped leak and temps and water level seem normal.

Would I be crazy to consider the drive, he's happy to fix it but I need to get there first.

2. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

How badly has the rad. been breached?
    How soon is it practical to replace it, even with a recon. ...? Next week... n/m

That said, taking it easy & carrying a cpl. litres of top-up should get the job done... but I'm neither a driver or a mechanic.

3. Nealieboyee

Nealieboyee Packaging Master!

As Jeff said. Just take a 5L container of water with. There are plenty of service stations along the way too, so i'm sure it will be fine. If you see the temp needle move, stop the car and top up the water/coolant.

Corky42 likes this.
  4. legoman

legoman breaker of things

We drove a K series cooker with a blown head gasket from Manchester to London, just go with the above, Kseal may work but it can clog the rest of the system which is bad

5. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

That a variant of the one Lotus managed to not run like a pig, in the Elise...?

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

It was indeed, the classic Rover K series. Was a horrible drive in a Rover 200