1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Delivery to a Collection Point

Discussion in 'General' started by MadGinga, 27 Jun 2019.

1. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Hi All,

Work has decreed we can no longer have personal parcels delivered (boo-hiss).
    Is there any services that let me put in an address to any online store, that will allow me to collect at my leisure?
    I know that some online stores allow for local pickup at Post Offices, but these are all specific delivery options, particular to the online shop...

help?

2. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

That sounds like a PO Box potentially. Of course with Amazon you can use the lockers.

3. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Yes, i suppose, but without the "rent"? maybe on a parcel by parcel basis?

4. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

'Click & Collect' is a growing option... depends on whether who you're buying from offers it & whether you feel the closest drop-off is trustworthy enough to look after what you want delivered.

Argos are an oft-used drop-off for stuff... afaik.

5. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I think Jeff is correct - It's growing but it depends entirely on the vendor as to whether they offer it.

Is there no option for some sort of parcel drop-box setup attached to your house? I'm sure I've seen one or two of those in my time.

I know some couriers allow you to arrange a different delivery option if you have the appropriate details (usually consignment number and destination postcode). I think DPD, Hermes, and UPS have all done that for me in various capacities. The UPS one did require an arseache of a setup though.. You have to get letters sent to the prospective addresses so you can put a confirmation code in on your UPS account and then enable the redirection.. It's a ballache that takes about a week, but it works. I think ParcelFarce even have a "leave at a local post office" option in their services.

Although none of this is particularly automated, but I suppose it depends how many bricks of weed you're ordering as to how much of a faff it is.

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

With Jeff, Click and collect or Collect+. I think also some carriers allow the option to collect from depot.
    Similar situation to you, contractors are not allowed to have anything delivered to site, obviously perms can though to the point we have someone go round daily with a trolley of amazon parcels!

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Solution: find a friendly permanent and get parcels delivered to them but with your first name as their middle name: "Susan Legoman Smith." Job's a good 'un.

8. legoman

Yeah, I don't speak Spanish, you only get perm if your native lingo is Spanish. Mind you Ant an Dec seem to now work for the company maybe I can tap them up.

9. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

"Getting lots of deliveries for Señor Legohombre lately..."

Mr_Mistoffelees likes this.
  10. legoman

Do i get to have Siesta's though? Or maybe the three hour lunches they all take?

Serious note on deliveries. Collect+ or see if you can get them sent to a doddle location we have a few round here

11. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

But is it Lego hombre or Lego señor?