1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU PICO possible?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by legoman, 2 Aug 2019.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

I have a HDPLEX on order (well once it comes into stock it'll be shipped), but, just wondering if I list out what I have could anyone advise if a PicoPSU 160W would work?

Kit below
    Gigabyte Aorus B450 ITX
    Ryzen 5 2400G (stock speed) 92mm fan cpu cooler Cryorig C7 currently
    16Gb Gigabyte Aorus RAM
    M.2 drive
    SSD
    2X140mm fan Cryorig slimline fan and a Noctua full thickness one
    Mouse an keyboard
    Main powered USB hub

I've ran it through various calculators and get anything from 118W all the way up to 225W most coming around the 140W mark though.
    Is it doable? I could in theory drop one of the fans as it really only has two to help get air in round the PSU currently which sits literally above the CPU fan

2. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

Easy peasy - InWin Chopin comes with a 150w PSU and I've seen plenty of 2400G builds in that.

Arboreal likes this.
  3. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Thats good news! I'd not even thought about that kind of thing to be honest. Means I can run a better cooler too which is a bit plus.
    Can bin off the PSU and get rid of the cable octopus of doom squirming round in the case.

4. nimbu

nimbu Multimodder

Assuming you have a regular power supply already you could grab a power meter from Amazon and actually see the usage under load?

Osgeld likes this.