1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Any 'vapers' out there?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sentinel-R1, 13 May 2013.

1. silk186

silk186 Derp

Keep it out of direct sunlight and preferably in the freezer or fridge. That said, it should still be safe to vape. You will have trouble finding an answer to your question, as the sale of nicotine to individuals in illegal with the exception one the 10ml nicotine shots.

2. Sentinel-R1

Sentinel-R1 Chaircrew

Yep, as per Silk - it's essentially a food item so does deteriorate, even in the fridge. A refrigerated 500ml bottle will probably discolour significantly before you get through it all. Maybe not even half way.

I used to decant it into 100ml plastic bottles from Amazon and then freeze. It'll keep it fresh until the last of it.

silk186 likes this.
  3. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Sounds like good advice. Cheers. Is it illegal to sell Nicotine then? Ive not looked it up but ive been buying it for the past couple of years ... I just dont get though that much of it. And its way cheaper than buying the 10ml bottles ... which i need 4 of for 1 250ml juice.

4. silk186

silk186 Derp

It is illegal to sell what you are looking for to a consumer. That said, some sellers, especially on eBay have a disclaimer that you can only buy if you are a business but intentionally do not have any checks in place, selling in small volumes with pour tips.
    As a result, it is a forbidden topic in vaping forums.

5. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

I had a read up about it ... Feel like a right dumbarse now. Ordered a few from Driphacks. Cheers for advice lads.

silk186 likes this.
  6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Anyone seen the latest "Anti-Vaping Garbage" on the BBC or Sky News today?

The story is that "Vaping" almost killed a kid who was legally to young to vape, he ended up on a ventilator etc because he basically developed a variant of Pneumonia through vaping, now I know this can happen because it happened to me, because I did basically the same thing as this kid.

However what they put right down at the bottom is that when the doctors tested him with what I believe was a scratch test of sorts using the E-Liquids, he had a reaction as well although from what I can see it wasn't as severe.

So to put it simply the kid is severly allergic to something in the E-Liquid and even just getting it on his skin will cause a reaction, but vaping it makes it more severe because well it's goes directly in to his lungs.

Quite frankly I find it annoying that they get away with this sort of stuff, instead of warning that a allergic reaction to a component in the liquid is something that people should be on the look out for they instantly say it's because of vaping and basically try to bury the allergic reaction to a section of the article that they don't think people will read.

7. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Until there's regulation on how that stuff is made & what from, there's gonna be 'problems' like that.

8. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

You can have an allergy to PG. In my case I get eczema on my hands. I now use very little pg (as little as I can) and going to high powered devices meant I could use even less as you need more VG in high powered devices as PG goes watery and leaks.

Whether it could kill you? I doubt it. PG is used in cough medicines and God knows what else. So any allergic reaction would be the same I would surmise.

This whole thing lately (and the mice tests) seems like a desperate bid to smear vaping and get people back on cigarettes. Especially when you consider the blatant lies by the American media about the guy (like all the others who had been vaping illegal cannabis oils) who apparently hadn't been vaping cannabis oils but actually had been /roll eyes.

Any way, where are the news reports of the thousands who are dying from cigarettes and alcohol as I type this?

Why all of a sudden do people supposedly care when they really couldn't give a stuff?

Smoking should be gone now. Banned from the world. But no.

If vaping gives me cancer? Oh well. I'm going to die of something any way and at least it is considerably cheaper than cigs and doesn't smell like ass.

damien c likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

There is regulation on the nicotine. But apparently that doesn't give you cancer. The rest is what it is. If it's fit for consumption then it's as good as you're going to get.

Some of it is simple common sense. Avoid diecetyl or whatever it's called and basically mix as much as you can yourself.

They can't ban VG or PG or make either controlled substance. That would be a nightmare. They can make it hard to get nicotine but it'll never be impossible. Not whilst they are selling patches. Was any research ever done on those I wonder? Doubt it, look how much they cost.

As someone once said "six million ways to die, choose one".

10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

What, you mean like the TPD, GPSD, TRA, FDA, MHRA, CLP etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

11. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Yon highly educated doctor should know that advertising e-cigarettes is banned

Byron C likes this.
  12. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Hmmmmmm, I find that I've now dropped to vaping below 3mg/ml, won't be long before I'm nicotine free at this rate

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I've been stuck at around 1mg for a few years now. It feels like dropping to zero would render the whole exercise pointless, so I've just let it fester.

I do vape at quite a high wattage in general (40-80W depending on tank), so the throat hit is still fulsome even with low nic.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Huh. This thread is back... I can unsubscribe now, because I packed it in early last year! :grin:

ElThomsono likes this.
  15. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I'm surprised this thread has been going since 2013, if you'd asked me if have said the vape thing had only been going four or five years?

16. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

E-Cigs were first patented in the 1930's, they've been popular in the UK for over 20 years

17. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

If'n you read it back from the OP it's quite an interesting time line in e-cig development and trends, long live the forum

18. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I looked up the Google rankings for "vape":

[​IMG]

Still quite surprising, but you can see how it suddenly exploded.

I'm not in that game though, I smoke almost exclusively Montecristos.

19. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Gonna sound like 'one of those' douchebags here, but I remember all the vaping trends... From the earliest 'fake cigarette' type devices, to mechanical mods and custom dripper coils, right through to high-powered mods with sub-ohm tanks...

I'll be honest, sometimes I do miss it. Then I remember how much I used to vape and the mess it used to leave over everything. I vaped a lot, with liquids that were 80%+ VG... My office rooom would be a thick fog, worse than a working men's club when you could smoke inside... It used to condense into a sticky greasy film that dust would get welded to.

20. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

For a change :idea::grin::jawdrop::naughty::hehe::p:

Ditto, I came in when cigalikes when 901's were all the rage (OK, so they were the only thing about) and am at dual 18650's driving a 0.16 ohm atty today

I've been 100% VG (cept for flavour) for the longest time, PG does not very nice things to me.
    Aside from it condensing on the window it's no bother, but then I limit vaping to 1 room which always has a window open
    [​IMG]