1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pouring one out for my homie...

Discussion in 'General' started by KayinBlack, 14 Jan 2020.

1. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

No what is nasty is what windows 10 does.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Tbh, I'm of the opinion that if it's not used, it shouldn't be there, so.. That, to me, is better than leaving a gaping hole on a system.

3. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

adidan likes this.
  4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yup, saw the rumblings about that the other day.

Patched everything I own this morning!

Probably introduced a dozen new exploits in the process.

5. creative

creative 500rwhp

I have had both results with an upgrade. Some have worked great and some just totally borked. Personally I am a fan of just nuking the OS and starting again and the only reason I havent is because I have about 13tb of data/drives in my main rig that I should really clean up and get a bit more organised. lol ( I dont use steam and I have installed games on various drives including the C:drive which was stupid of me but that was before I setup a dedicated ssd for my games and never got round to changing it.)

I made a start last night with cleaning the movie collection up! :)

6. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I tried and tried with this laptop to get Proton working, but i couldn't get the proper nVidia driver for my video card (GT750 2GB) because it always wanted to install the newest driver and trying to force manually wasn't working. It also wouldn't play GW2, which was the whole reason to get the laptop. Without a good internet connection, Linux is useless. And I don't have a good internet connection.

All I'm playing besides GW2 is emulators, which I'm pretty sure wouldn't be an issue at all. But with that issue with the drivers Linux is still an issue.

7. Guest-44638

Guest-44638 Guest

Nvidia only recommend you install newer drivers; you can tell them to 'do one'... :p