1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Pete J's thread of Lego building (current project: 76210 Iron Man Mark 44 Hulkbuster - Alternate)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pete J, 21 Sep 2019.

1. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

[​IMG]

Hell. Yes.

IanW likes this.
  2. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Update:

I've ordered the missing shock absorbers for the Sian, as well as some additional parts for updated rear wings by the MOC's designer. So in the meantime, the Mustang:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, as is becoming somewhat traditional, I'm missing two parts:

[​IMG]

Last produced in 2009 and quite expensive to get 'new'. As 'used', it's cheap but still rare - I've had to order from two different sellers, here's hoping that they're in decent condition...

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Small update:

Not much to report in terms of building - this afternoon I'm going to focus on building the Mustang's bonnet, which needs adapting for the supercharger. After finishing that, I'll probably build the Nebulon-B Frigate (actually, that reminds me, I need to update the main page list as I found a better one more in scale with the Star Destroyer) as I now have all the pieces for it. Or I might carry on with the Pulse Rifle...

Otherwise, collecting parts for the other projects is going quite well. The Chestburster, Dreadnought and Sauron have only a few bits left to gather, though unfortunately some of those bits are rather rare and expensive. Metal Gear Rex and the minifig scale Millennium Falcon are both about 75% there, but again, closing in on the rare parts. Indeed, Metal Gear Rex has some parts I'll really have to budget for and unfortunately they can't really be switched out for cheaper parts (I've done that for a couple of the other models) as the aesthetics will be negatively affected.

Onto official Lego news:

LEGO® Ideas Fender® Stratocaster™

[​IMG]

Priced at £90, which is damn steep to be honest. I'll be keeping an eye on prices as I think it'd be pretty cool to have as an objet d'art.

4. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Update:

Been working on the Pulse Rifle:

[​IMG]

I need to go back and add some tyres to the barrel as the instructions differ from the actual model. In the meantime, I'll crack on with the Shelby.

Meanwhile...

souper82 and IanW like this.
  5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Hints dropped to wife :naughty:
    I'm hoping this gets to be made;

Pete J likes this.
  6. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Wait..what? Johnny number 5?! From when I was little? Don't tease me now..

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

More bad news for wallets everywhere:-

Pete J likes this.
  8. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Meant to post this last week so:

[​IMG]

Progress was halted by missing a couple of grey 9L axles - annoyingly, as common as they are, I didn't have any spares All sorted now though.

I've also mainly finished the little Nebulon B frigate to keep my Star Destroyer and Blockade Runner company, but also had to order some missing bits - quite surprised as I went through the checklist. I've probably put them in another bag by mistake. I'll post a picture when it's complete - no real point with a progress shot as there's not much to it.

In other news, this is a recent MOC added to Rebrickable:

[​IMG]

Started collecting bits for it...

Vault-Tec, souper82 and IanW like this.
  9. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Update:

First up, the little Nebulon B is complete:

[​IMG]

Rather fiddly towards the end - a couple of he panels aren't quite fully engaged as trying to do so makes them fall off. FYI, the frigate is to scale against the Star Destroyer - the Blockade Runner should be exactly half the size but the model I got is a a little larger to allow a better looking model.

Also did some work on the Pulse Rifle:

[​IMG]

Progress halted by a missing black corner tile. Again. Oh well, another Lego order which also feeds into other projects. Don't worry about the metal hook - that's just there to temporarily hold an elastic band in position for the bolt mechanism...

IanW likes this.
  10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

How's your tolerance for Celine Dion, @Pete J ?

Pete J, legoman and Byron C like this.
  11. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

12. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I've never done a Lego kit ever and never had Lego as a kid but got this unopened one today, nice and simple, I hope.,

[​IMG]

I've been donating books (currently around 1300) and DVDs (well over a thousand) to a local charity and they had this in the back. When I showed interest they sold it to me for £1

Vault-Tec, Pete J and legoman like this.
  13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Heh, that's interesting! I never realised Lego had made a shoe before the recent release (also Adidas). You've probably got a set there that's worth a fair bit of cash to the right market!

14. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

At long last, the GT500 is complete!

[​IMG]

Note that the remote control is not in this photo. Apologies for the poor quality - I swear my phone's camera is getting worse over time. I might go back and do a proper job with my SLR at some point.

Very happy with it! The hood pops up nicely, assisted by an air damped shock absorber, and the doors have locks that work using some rubber bits. The gearbox is a little bit hit and miss - I'm not quite sure what is happening, but the gears sound as though they've shifted out of position fairly often. The 4th and 5th gears are actually slower than 1-3 owing to the inadequate torque of the driving motors.

Now all I have to do is save up enough money to buy the real thing. :sigh:

I've also noticed that the Lambo Sian needs a couple of bits replacing - specifically the bits on the seats that are supposed to have the Lambo insignia on. That'll need sorting out...

Anyway, time to finish off the Pulse Rifle before heading onto other things.

15. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Update!

First of all, I took a little detour and built the small 'animated' Trench Run diorama:

[​IMG]

Really nice little toy - would make a good desk ornament. The fighters sway side to side and the turrets have a nice tracking lag when the crank is wound.

And...the Pulse Rifle is finished!

[​IMG]

I'm happy to put it on the shelf I specifically put up for it probably over a year ago:

[​IMG]

Side note: I thought I was missing two bits, so put in an order for some more Lego. After doing so, I found them hiding in plain view. Oh well, never mind.

Now to finish the Lambo...

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

IanW likes this.
  17. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I had to post this. Awesome:

18. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Pete J likes this.
  19. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

20. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm not looking at the price of that beast. I'm betting Nine hundred notes.