Windows Bloodbowl 2 - Bit-tech League

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Goatee, 30 Oct 2021.

1. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Good summary, was a fun game for me (and you took it in good grace). Gobbos did an absolute number on you. :D

Hoping to watch the game tomorrow to see how the league is shaping up.

2. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Yes, that works for me.

3. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Moar like this pls :rock:

ModSquid and Goatee like this.
  4. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

:thumb:
    I have engaged the relevant gerbilist to cover the closing match of the tournament and will keep you posted.

In the meantime, I can leak some news from inside the underground training cavern at White Rat Lane - The Missus is back on her feet, but due to fan backlash after the last game, petty cash is at a low and no replacement has been found for Heung Son Mouse. This does leave the Hotspikes without a reserve, but they're being fed the blue cheese in advance of the final league match and are approaching it with some determination.

Pete J and Goatee like this.
  5. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

The Ungroomables 2, Gek'Ho Forest Wanderers 3.

Bugger! @Midlight got me with the very last turn of the game, well done!

Of course it didn't help when my trusty Werewolf Micah The Howler sprinted into the enemy team on his opening turn and mauled a skink, who was miles away from the skink that actually had the ball. The resulting opening led directly to the first touchdown. These creatures of the night driven by eternal hunger, they can be a little unpredictable at times...

6. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Thanks for the game. That was a fairly brutal match, I don't think any of your players stayed on their feet throughout. My dice rolling was a heck of a lot better than last round. I have no idea how my saurus managed to intercept that pass, normally they can't even pick up the ball.
    I think it was a well played game from you, very close for a lot of it.

7. fix-the-spade

Brutal is a good description, one of my Golems has a broken hip, he'd be dead if he wasn't already.

ModSquid likes this.
  8. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

I suppose, on the brighter side, Golems don't do too much running about anyway.

9. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

Work has been busy this week, will try to log in tonight and get the match week rolled.

10. fix-the-spade

Don't worry, I'm in no rush to get my backside kicked a third time.

11. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Quote of the tournament.

We watched the match with no bias and full enthusiasm - tuned in late, unforts, but also got the small person engaged. Which is rare, considering there wasn't even a controller in hand at this end.

12. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Bet there was a part of you that was hoping one or more of the lizards got hurt so there would be less potential for injuring your rats. :grin:

13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

You know what? If I was smart enough to have thought of that, that might have made it interesting! Too short-sighted, sadly.

Also, I will admit to playing a practice game against some lizards to try and not get completely trampled. It went like this - mess up first half and try bravely to hold them at bay; get ball in second half and sit arrogantly on endzone before committing a pointless foul and suffering a turnover to finish the match 0-0. So you're up against complete stupidity for your next draw.

14. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Best way to hold them back is to stand just outside their tackle zones. They can then only get one player a turn, with a blitz. Everyone else may then have to try and make a dodge to get in a good spot, them ratty ones make it look easy but 1/2 ton of kroxigor does not dodge.

15. fix-the-spade

@Goatee, you are my last ritual humiliation match, when do you want to play it?

16. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

@fix-the-spade you free evenings over the weekend? Maybe Saturday say 8:30pm?

17. fix-the-spade

@Goatee, sounds like a plan, see you then.

18. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

@Midlight and I are booked in for Monday evening at 8.15pm... I will be spending the intervening time performing arcane warpstone rituals in honour of the Great Horned One.

19. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

Don't forget a quick prayer to nuffle too.

20. fix-the-spade

Parcels2U 2, The Ungroomables 1.

As appears to now be a team tradtition, an early lead was undone and then a draw lost in the closing turns of the match. On the plus side @Goatee's Chainsaw Mook was the victim of an unfortunate mauling. Elsewhere on the pitch Micah the Howler inexplicably failed to maul a Goblin half his size to death, getting punted over in the process. At almost the same time the wrecking ball mook attempted to knock down a Wight, only to lose his teeth to the armoured fist of vengeance.

Didn't me do much good in the end though. Even Nuffle's blessing in the form of the Goblins fumbling the ball not once, not twice, but thrice on consecutive turns couldn't save me. A troll decapitiating one of my Wights late in the match helped even less, poor guy was furious once he'd put his head back on in the dugout.

Last edited: 20 Nov 2021
    Pete J likes this.