Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Last year I had Rhinoplasty surgery, smell was okay for a couple months and bam back to it’s usual self, no sense of smell, always being stuffy, the surgeon told me this was the end of the road and nothing else could be done, deal with it. I insisted on having a phone call down the line to just see how things were going…

Good thing I did insist on the phone call because now I’m having surgery to try fixing it again.

2. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Finally got my role change confirmed at work, will be leaving behind all of the horrible operations stuff and moving to purely development and design work. I'm super excied as it was burning me out so much a few months ago! I nearly reached total burnout at the end of July!

adidan, IanW, perplekks45 and 3 others like this.
  3. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I had my nasal polyps removal in May and this was meant to fix mine, but I have a lot of symptoms like yours, I've kept up the nasal steriods as the repeat perscription never stopped... Might go back to the stonger ones as I actually got a sense of smell with those!

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Last night I had by far the best curry I’ve ever eaten.

We went to a Thai place, and I was hesitant. Last year we went to another Thai place and it was crap. Overcooked prawns, rubber bullet squid and a wishy washy sauce.

This thing though? Imagine a large bowl full of red Thai curry sauce with a big F off lamb shank placed in the middle and a large bowl of very sticky jasmine rice.

Glorious.

Byron C and Almightyrastus like this.
  5. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Always awesome when you can find a place that does an awesome version of what you like. We used to go to an excellent Thai restaurant that unfortunately closed a little while ago, about the same time that we moved hour (again). However, that move also put us just around the corner (certainly easy walking distance) from an amazing Nepalese restaurant here in Nottingham called Ghurkha Kitchen who does all the usual Indian style stuff along with his home recipes and some that he has put together. We have since become very good friends with the owners and often have a takeaway as much as eating in.

Arboreal, Byron C, IanW and 1 other person like this.
  6. veato

veato I should be working

Getting huge stick drift on Xbox controller. Weirdly I didn't really notice how big an issue it was until I started playing Starfield. Was about to drop £50 on a new one but when looking on Amazon it said I last purchased the item Nov '22. Checked the warrantly, sent it off, got a replacement back today.

7. sandys

sandys Multimodder

AMD finally releasing a driver to support their hardware (7840u) :clap: it’s only been months late, shoddy company when it comes to mobile IMO.

Owning a AMD based gaming handheld was giving me flashbacks of the 90s when AMD had the best laptop GPUs but wouldn’t support it with a driver, you had to get it from your OEM and if your OEM did not pay the license (Thanks Sony) you had no chance.

I’ve been digging around forums using dodgy user build drivers etc. just like the old days, can’t believe they still think it is OK to operate in this way.

(Note they released it a couple of weeks back, I'm lagging :D )

8. Almightyrastus

Managed to fix my Logitech MX Master mouse that had developed the seemingly common problem of no cursor movement and the gesture button under the thumb pad being continually activated. No replacement parts needed (although I am going to replace the feet as it is about time that was done), just a simple matter of opening it up, loosening a couple of screws half a turn and putting it back together at a whole cost of 0, well £6 for the new feet pads, but hey, not going to grumble at that.

Such a nice mouse to use as it is a nice heavy lump and remapping the gesture button to escape made whipping through AutoCAD so much easier. unfortunately due to increased corporate IT policy security, I am no longer able to install the Logitech options software so no more gesture button fun. Still, it'll now replace my personal desktop mouse, so it's not all bad.

9. Goatee

Goatee Multimodder

I noticed stick drift only in starfield on my controller. Maybe lack of or too smalll dead-zones is an issue?

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Up until a couple of years ago, I was a die-hard fan of heavier mice... It's not really the fashion these days, when it finally came time to replace my aged and frayed rodent I had little choice but to get something lightweight. Now I couldn't go back to a heavy mouse if you paid me.

But I was also one of those weirdos who used to swear by inverted Y-axes in games, and now it just breaks my brain if I try to play that way. Go figure.

11. Almightyrastus

My desktop mouse at home is a Logitech G502, again a very nice mouse that also has changable weights in it and I would love to be able to add more than it has now. I don't generally do much that needs light fast mouse movements, even in gaming I am mostly doing slower stuff like Fallout 4 or NMS. For work I love using a heavy mouse as it makes things like AutoCAD much more stable and smooth (at least for me) so the MX master has been great for that. Plus the whole wireless thing is awesome as the lead length needed from my mouse to the back of my workstation would not leave much for mouse movement.

12. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Nice work!

I love my MX Master, buuuuut... I switched to a vertical mouse a couple of years ago and I just can't go back to a flat mouse again, it's just physically uncomfortable. Shame, as the MX Master is otherwise perfect for me - horizontal scroll wheel, thumb gesture button, and the main scroll wheel with that clutch. I don't think Logitech make a vertical equivalent of the MX Master series, sadly, and none of their vertical mice seem to have a clutch on the scroll wheel, so instead I am using... a £12 Anker wireless vertical mouse, which is actually pretty good.

Almightyrastus likes this.
  13. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

I've just got back from a five day camping trip with the lads, and upon returning home I found I'd received a tax rebate in the post, what a result!

Pete J and Arboreal like this.
  14. Almightyrastus

Thank you. Yeah that "smart" scrolling wheel is very cool. I have a freewheeling disconnect on my G502, but it is a manual one. The freewheeling scroll is very useful for some the project info or parts drawing folders at work, we have built up a LOT of parts over the years...

bawjaws likes this.
  15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

nvm [note to self read post before replying to it]

Last edited: 29 Sep 2023
  16. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Yeah, the ability to fly through lists etc super quick is really useful and I miss it loads. I also really miss the horizontal scroll wheel when I am spreadsheeting it up :D

17. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Finally got some pictures up, so the office wall's a little less spartan.

Imagepipe_28.jpg

Pete J, IanW and perplekks45 like this.
  18. keef247

keef247 Modder

Yeah I mean tbf the 7000 is a beast...
    [​IMG]

Pete J, lancer778544 and spolsh like this.
  19. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Good gravy, look at the heatsink on that monster. Those were the days.

keef247 and Byron C like this.
  20. keef247

keef247 Modder

What'd you mean? The 7000 series has only just dropped :naughty: