1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice £500 Gaming Build - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TrevDX, 17 May 2012.

1. TrevDX

TrevDX Ah Who Cares Anyway???

Hi,

One of my friends wants a gaming PC so to try and stop him from ordering from Dell or similar and being overcharged I thought I would try and get a good budget build.

I've done a scan basket for it Here based on i3, Z68 & 550ti.

He's going to have to buy a monitor, keyboard and mouse so I have set the tower budget as £500.

Anyone got any tweaks I could make to get it better?

I don't want to buy Second Hand, not that I have an issue but more for him and if he has issues with anything being DOA then it'll be easier to RMA direct.

Also I know I could use eBuyer, Aria, etc. for bits but the Scan basket was easier and maybe once he gets around to ordering it then he'll be able to save a few quid here and there.

Thanks in advance.

Just noticed there is no case in the basket :wallbash: so would probably go for this Case

2. xPinky

xPinky What's a Dremel?

Custom PC did a budget Skyrim rig a little while back, went like:

http://www.scan.co.uk/savedbasket/e01978baac3245e3b67936e4e989c1ab

The rig they build ran Skyrim at max with a minimum of 38 FPS.

I couldn't find a similar article on Bit-Tech but this is only a month or two old so should be relevant still. Credit to custompc ofc.

Any idea what games he wants to be playing? And I suspect he will be going with a standard 1080P monitor?

Last edited: 17 May 2012
  3. TrevDX

I think it will mainly be Diablo, Civilization and some RPG's (although I'm not sure which ones).

As for monitor I'd imagine 1080p seems to be the standard for a sub £100 monitor

4. mikeyman198

mikeyman198 Lets pretend this is hilarious.

5. TrevDX

Cheers never too sure how the different cards from the different camps match up to each other :thumb: