1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress ATX in ITX Silverstone RVZ03 + 3 slot GPU & 240mm AIO

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by orbitalwalsh, 6 Sep 2019.

1. orbitalwalsh

orbitalwalsh What's a Dremel?

full in's and out's can be found here;

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...d-now-to-plug-in-the-gaps-last-post.18863171/

Basically my wife upgraded the living room to full Ikea Hemnes furniture and Dynamic case does't fit into the desk , nor to I want it on the floor with 3rd child inbound so.... I have a load of gear and need to down size and was left with these options

Go ITX , but a case to handle triple slot GPU barely exist , there's only Neo G mini and Sligers new range, which due to Brexit - costs a Bomb. I'd also need to Buy an ITX board and then SFX PSU
    Find a small enough ATX case that will go the Job- only thing close enough was Cerberus or ThermalTake G3, which doesn't accept triple slot GPUs...
    Beg Silverstone for their Raven RVZ03 and SFX PSU and gram eveything i can into it!

Safe to say it was OPTION 3!!!!

here's what my rig looked like before - and yep all the Aorus and Bequiet gear are also sponsored (trend here)

[​IMG]

So this was the Pitch to Siverstone and back words with Gigabyte

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Straight away from the plans you can see some Cutting was needed !!!

Big hole to allow SFX to be either in stock orientation or 90 degrees rotated
    [​IMG]

Trimming down Cooler masters Vertical GPU mount to hole the Aorus RTX
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Through to messed calculations... had to be trimmed down more!
    [​IMG]

Mother board fits nicely as it should. One support Bolt had to be cut and 4 new Motherboard stands need to be drilled and screwed into the chassis to further support the mobo
    [​IMG]

After correcting the GPU mount.. Its tight! I believe the PCIe ribbon has been damaged so will need to replace due to being taken out soo many times etc
    [​IMG]

TIGHT! - BUT a 280 Grill plate will be mounted at the front with filter and side panel cut to provide airflow and RGB goodness
    [​IMG]

Should be space for 3x 92mm/25mm fans on the bottom as intake and extra support
    [​IMG]

Now this is currently how its looking !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately Silverstone doesn't have any spare top/bottom panel so will need to 3D print about 22mm to flll the gap
    [​IMG]

Also Modders Mesh will be used on the two side gaps to offer some ventilation
    [​IMG]

Spoke with silverstone and in theory, they only need to increase the Chassis by 31mm to do all of this ! they brings the dimensions from 386mm x 364mm x 105mm to 386mm x 395mm x 105mm , which takes it from 14.6 litres to about 17.6 liters !!!!
    Also some fancy stuff to allow GPU to either sit in stock position or to have GPU on show !

Now i do need to Cut venting for GPU as well as another 120mm how to mount 230mm XSPC rad !

Will look into getting Plexi Glass panel made . The Idea has been to keep this as STOCK looking to show the potential of the case as well as a nice SLEEPER MOD!

So, have been able to beat likes of Sliger, Thermaltake and Silverstone very simply [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG] Just a shame with 2 kids and 3rd inbound and lack of tools I cant get this to perfect quality which is a shame

will update this soon with more progress [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]