1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSU Cable extensions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by el2k, 21 May 2020.

1. el2k

el2k Modder

Hi, I've been looking to get a set of white PSU cable extensions, Cablemod make a great kit for £45 but I cant find it anywhere in stock in the UK?

There are lots of cheaper brands on ebay/amazon, I was wondering if anyone had experience with any of these and whats the quality like.

Thanks

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

For manufactured quality they're probably about the same as Cablemod although there is a possibility of poor manufacture. The difference will be in the quality of the materials used. Reading the reviews of a few of the white kits indicates some people are not happy with the quality of the colour quoting that they look more like silver than white. For the price they're not bad though.

If you're prepared to spend a bit more for the premium (MDPC-X) finish then PexonPCs is the place to go but at a premium price. However cables with MDPC-X sleeve are a lot harder to bend so can be more difficult to fit in constricted spaces. It also seems a pity to pay his prices and restrict yourself to a single colour.

A few years ago I would have recommended me for top quality sleeved cables. Unfortunately though a severe allergy meant I had to stop before my fingers disintegrated.

3. el2k

el2k Modder

Thank you very much for the informative reply, I have gone for a set on amazon for £35. Ordered them last night around 10pm and they have turned up today and are actually very good quality in hand!

Guest-44638 likes this.
  4. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

Watch this space <------ sssshhh. Bit-tech still doing reviews on products? If not I'll see if a few members want a few free sets to get feedback ;)