1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Evolution fury 3 mitre saw

Discussion in 'General' started by iancowell, 12 May 2016.

1. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

2. sparkyboy22

sparkyboy22 Web Tinkerer

I have a similar one that pretty much only gets used for mitring skirting boards.

3. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I think they are supposed to be pretty good, personally I have a Bosch PCM 7s which is a great bit of kit. I only use it for wood though but I'm sure with a universal blade it could cut metal.

4. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

IIRC, the Evolution saws are a big step up from the 'budget' lines from larger name brands in the same price range (and a massive step-up from the no-name 'house brand' lines from stores, like Titan for Screwfix). Not as high quality or reliable as a higher-end saw from a good manufacturer, but you're also paying a lot less. Unless you can find an incredibly good deal on a new saw, or a well-maintained second-hand saw, they're a good buy for the price.
    The main downside is they use their own non-standard shaft diameter (25.4mm vs. 30mm) for the saw blades, so you're stuck buying their blades, or buying a shaft adapter.

5. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

:thumb: brilliant cheers guy/girls, so if i said i picked this up for £10 that would be a bargain (second hand of course) ?? just need to get some blades sorted for it now lol and willl try it out, hopefully with my limbs staying intact :rock: :dremel:

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

I have one of their 'orange' rage circular saws, it's a good bit of kit.
    A tenner would be a bargain, but be aware the blades aren't cheap, especially their 'cut anything' blades

7. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Intresting, i didn't realise the Evolution saws used a custom shaft size, but if Ian is getting the saw for silly money its a no brainer.

8. ElThomsono

ElThomsono Multimodder

Ha, I got that exact same saw off Gumtree for £10, the guy selling it had worn the blade away to nothing and couldn't change it, he didn't know the retaining screw was left hand thread :lol:

I put a new blade in and it's a cracking bit of kit for the money, decent bite size and build quality.

9. iancowell

iancowell Minimodder

Found the blades for £19.98 on amazon so all in all not a bad buy going by what you chaps have said. Now to decide what to make with it (probably just a massive mess lol)