1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [First Build] Cooler Master HAF 932 : Updated 8-26, Finished

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by OrangeClockwerk, 31 Jul 2013.

1. OrangeClockwerk

OrangeClockwerk Clockwerk Industries

Hey guys! New here to Bit-tech, and Id like to share my build with you guys. It is about half way through. I didn't know about the correct way to make a build log when I started. I just took pictures randomly when I thought about it. I really wish I documented step my step with pics for my mods. Oh well, Ill continue to update with a more professional detailed log. I've got a lot of excellent information from this site and also a lot of inspiration. I have a few things I want to touch up and change on my mod, but for the most part its going in the right direction. Here is my Cooler Master HAF 932 "Kubrick".

Links to updates:
    update 8-4: http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=3394446&postcount=3
    final update 8-26 http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p=3406061&postcount=4

My component list goes as follows:

*CPU: Intel 3930k 6-Core LGA 2011
    *CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i
    *MB: Asus Rampage IV Exreme
    *RAM: 8 Gb Corsair @ 1600Mhz
    *GPU: 2x Evga 480 GTX in SLI
    *PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 1050W
    *SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256 Gb
    *OPTICAL: LG Bluray Burner
    *Case: Cooler Master HAF 932 *Modified

* Custom water loop in progress*

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Id like to thank everyone for check out my rig. I really appreciate it! Ill be posting updates once a week, sometimes every 2 weeks depending on my schedule. Until then Ill be browsing forums and soaking up inspiration! Ill be around frequently to respond to comments and questions. My next update should be water loop related! Take care everyone, Mod on!

Last edited: 27 Aug 2013
  2. OrangeClockwerk

3. OrangeClockwerk

Update 8-4

Hey again! Thanks for checking out the thread! Not much feedback, don't know if that's bad or good lol. I managed to get some work done this week. Its a small update but it made things look a lot nicer inside. Got an order in from Frozencpu.com, just some little odds and ends. My reservoir came in but I am sending it back from something different. The FrozenQ UV-red was way to pink and didn't match my build very well, There's a picture of it in here. I also made up some trim clips to get my wires a little bit cleaner and add some accent to the interior. I also added white trim on the end of a few panels in the interior.

Items from the order included a Phoyba fill port, some white wire sleeve to finish my CPU power wires, some thumb screws to replace the handle on my fill port panel and for the back of the case, and my reservoir which I am sending back on Monday.

Heres some photos to show what Ive been up to which I wait for the water loop paycheck :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well that's all for now. Supposed to be getting a bonus at work here next week, and my next paycheck has no bills to pay, so that means my memory upgrade and water cooling loop will be purchased and installed. Very excited because other than purchasing 2 newer video cards my machine will be complete and I can start my next build that I already have quite a bit of ideas for. Thanks again for checking out my rig!

4. OrangeClockwerk

Final Update Cooler Master HAF 932

Hey guys, quiet in here. I assume because I joined the site half way through my project. Which I understand, no one saw it from the start making it a little less appealing. Well, I managed to get it finished up with a custom water loop and begin another project which I will be able to share the great details of start to finish.

My water loop contains the following parts.

Clear Primochill Rigid Acrylic Tubing
    Primochill White Rigid Fittings
    Swiftech 120mm Triple Radiator
    6x Corsair High Performance Fans
    Swiftech PWM 655 Pump
    Bitspower Pump clear Acrylic Pump Block
    Bitspower Mod Shell for Pump
    Aquacomputer Aqualis Pro Nano Coated Reservoir
    EK Supremacy CPU Block, Clear/Nickel
    EK Asus Rampage Extreme Full Board Clear/Nickel Block

I ended up removing the fill port and just using the reservoir. Heres the pics.

Boxed Res
    [​IMG]

Had to use a vice to open that sucker, it was on tight.
    [​IMG]

Took it apart to install a custom made LED harness and paint the mounting bracket white.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the fuzzy pic, but I changed the LEDs to high intensity.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heres a shot of all the loop parts laid out, minus the pump shell which was in the painting process.
    [​IMG]

The shell that had a crappy red color and I needed it bright red so I fixed it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ran into issues with the pump block as well, instead of sending it back I modded it:dremel:
    A little super glue, hacksaw, and 1500 grit sand paper, turned out alright.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Started adding the water blocks to the mother board. Along with a new set of RAM, 32 gigs of G.skill.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Started forming the rigid tubing with a heat gun. I like the tubing but it can get annoying sometimes when it doesn't bend how you would like it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once those were in I started putting the parts back in the case and running the tubing in there.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Set it up for a leak test.
    [​IMG]

I ended up having a leak from leaving out a screw inside the reservoir, it was a noob mistake. Im glad I caught it thought. I just dried it up, fixed the problem and it was good to go after that. So, I added the Silver kill coil, dyed the water and finished it up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some finished pics here. Ill be making a nice finishing photoshoot with a green screen to post it on Ebay. I hope to get 3500$ usd or best offer. Then I can speed up the parts purchasing for my current PC. I hope this cycle starts and continues I love modding and want to continue getting better and better. Ive collected many tools and many ideas over this project and it should reflect big time in my next rig. Thanks for checking out my rig even though I came in half way. I start a thread for my new one tomorrow probably. Once I have my green screen photos, Ill post them in my reserved spot under my first post.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks again for checking it out, comments/criticism welcome. I'm trying to perfect my craft I love insight:D