1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Halo 2 Anniversary Edition on the horizon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 14 Feb 2014.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Williz

Williz Minimodder

Not sure why you're posting console news, this will never see the light of PC just like the Halo: CE Anniversary edition.

3. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Because Bit-Tech isn't limited to just PC tech news.....

4. Pieface

Pieface Modder

What? A fair few people, me included play console as well..

5. julianmartin

julianmartin resident cyborg.

This is good news and may even make me buy an Xbone. Halo 2 was legendary!

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I was going to buy a Xbox One next year when Halo 5 was released but I think I will be buying one sooner.

Halo games are actually really good.

7. Podge4

Podge4 Oi, whats your game?

Hope it comes out for 360, i'll try it again but after finishing it (sry julianmartin) i found it to be the worst one

8. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

Halo 2 was very much a dividing point, on one hand it practically gave birth to the Halo multiplayer experience (CE's was good, but Halo 2 had it on another level) but the campaign IMO was much weaker than Combat Evolved (only Reach's was worse for me). It's probably the only game where I've actually thrown a controller and broken it, the campaign ending killed me that much (was a worse experience than with Mass Effect 3).

Still, I'm so looking forward to this (assuming the rumour is correct). I loved Combat Evolved anniversary, and if this comes with the hinted alternate ending (I'm presuming it would finish with the Chief on the Dreadnaught this time) I would be all over this. It also means that 343i would be dedicating even more time to developing Halo 5, which would be great news. I'm very happy with how 343i is handling the story (especially their recent books), hopefully Halo can continue to stand proud but as a beacon of good campaign and storytelling in a world dominated by AAA FPS multiplayer titles that have nothing else to their name (*cough* CoD and Battlefield *cough*). I can get a my fix of multiplayer elsewhere, but I can't get the Halo story anywhere other than Halo.

9. Crunchy

Crunchy What's a Dremel?

lol, so far we've had a wii and an Xbone, what's next a puStation, Jizzmondo or Gamebum.
    They seem to think so hard about naming consoles that they forget not to give them silly names.
    Now i appreciate anyone can make silly names like the ones that i just have.
    But some stuff is seriously getting past the marketers.

Long may it continue.

10. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

"Reclaimer Saga"

Lawsuit :p

11. Syphadeus

Syphadeus What's a Dremel?

I remember my anticipation for Halo 2 and how disappointed I was by the single player campaign and the audacity I felt Bungie had in giving players a cliffhanger conclusion to a story that wouldn't finish it's story arch until the next generation of consoles hit. That was a dirty trick. They were also guilty of a pretty big bait and switch as they had huge development difficulties on it and couldn't deliver a fraction of the visual fidelity that the original cinematic trailer for the game promised. Halo had me coming back for more and more and playing it to death. Halo 2 campaign for me was underwhelming and lacked that certain quality the original had in spades.

Tags: Add Tags