1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the G15 still king?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Genestarwind, 29 May 2008.

1. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

As in the paint? I had that on my v1 and if it's under warranty you can get a free replacement from Logitech, cos it's not supposed to happen.

2. Max Spain

Max Spain What's a Dremel?

I use a Saitek Eclipse II and while it looks/works great, it isn't the most durable keyboard out there. I am experiencing some keys failing after <1 year. The lighting is still working fine though.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I, too, use a Saitek Eclipse II.

However, I want to grab a G15, because EveMon outputs to the display >.>

My uncle, is an avid gamer (Well, CoD player) and although he's only had it (A G15) a week, it seems unlikely that he'll be changing boards any time soon.

@Max Spain: Saitek keyboards do not like tea, just FYI.

Last edited: 30 May 2008
  4. rls669

rls669 i can has dremel?

Using a G15 v2 here. I just wanted a keyboard that had backlighting and a proper key layout (no butchering the arrows and insert/del area like a lot of gaming keyboards do). I thought the lcd panel was just a gimmick, but I got the G15 since it was only a few bucks more than the one without the panel (G11?) because I thought it might be neat. Anyway, to my surpise I find the panel very useful, especially with SirReal's applet that packs a huge amount of stats into one display. Especially when I was doing some beta testing, I found it handy to be able to watch cpu and memory usage without interrupting my game.

5. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

I've pounded on an Eclipse 2 for a couple of years, and it's still working fine. It's a good board, if you don't need all the macro keys and screen of the G15.

6. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Just from my own experience the saitek II is the most durable keyboard I've ever had. It's had cappuccino, dr. pepper and random other assortments in it and generaly I just turn it upside down and wipe the keys, let it drip out for 10 minutes and hey presto good as new. It is built for ruggedness :) I would like one of the logitech keyboards but don't know if I have enough desk real estate!