1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by severedhead, 13 Oct 2005.

1. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

I'm a big fan of the Mortal Kombat series, so when I realised that Shaolin Monks was released I was really excited! Ordered it, started it, stopped it.

What the hell happened? Even the Versus mode has been ruined. The graphics quality is not much better than a PS1 game, it feels like playing Devil May Cry (only much, much worse) and the controls are retarded.

Any one else have views on this?

2. J-Pepper

J-Pepper Minimodder

another sequel where they bank on a franchise name to sell games with no content... tbh i've always thought MK lost it a long while back, so never really took any notice of new releases... can't you take it back and get a refund?

3. severedhead

severedhead What's a Dremel?

Yeah I'm thinking about that. Just really disappointed as I liked where the last two were going, if they were a bit faster they would be spot-on.

Back to the shop it is.

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's awesome! Sod versus mode, that gets boring quickly and i have the previous mortal kombat for that. Single player is great, the way you can buy moves and learn better fatalities. You can fight multiple enemies and use a lot of the scenary to skew them onto :) Between this, Ninja Gaiden Black and Burnout Revenge ive hardly stopped using my Xbox.
    Bloody hard though, im only in 2nd level and im getting cained.

5. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

So is it so bad it's good? or so bad it's terrible?

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's good because it's different and not boring. If you want a good mortal kombat game buy a second hand Mega Drive and get Mortal Kombat 2 for it, but if you want something a little different then buy Showlin Monks.

7. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Saw the advert for this, I thought it looked like an old PS1 game :duh:

Tags: