1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News New Fallout game announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 20 Apr 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Wooooooohooooooooooooooooo

3. MajorTom

MajorTom Minimodder

Get in!

4. Tyrmot

Tyrmot Minimodder

This sounds very promising to me... The involvement of Obsidian should be a great boon no?

5. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

I've only just starting playing Fallout 3.

:D

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Awesome, I hope Obsidian do a good job, I'm sure they will. I thought NWN2 was great.

7. pimlicosound

pimlicosound What's a Dremel?

Obsidian don't have a good record on sequels, in my opinion. SW:KOTOR2 and NWN2 were both far weaker than the originals. Hopefully Obsidian don't try to finish this too quickly (killed KOTOR2) or be overambitious (left NWN2 without much depth or soul).

8. Marc5002

Marc5002 What's a Dremel?

I hope it really Good it Really Fast for a new game in 2010 oh well as long it have mostly same feature as in fallout 3 :D
    Karma or reputation (good or evil) and Some nice Graphic and A G.E.C.K For Mods Such as +400% Texture Megaton = so much better even if you max out fallout 3 with MAX AA With Two 4870x2 Without G.E.C.K There where Lower Graphic in FAllout 3 :D

9. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Well they were a bit weaker but honestly they were still very good. I would argue that pretty much every facet, except for the plot, of KotOR 2 was better than the original. Of course the plot was pretty much what made KotOR so good but hey... I'll take a solid sequel like that pretty much any day in comparison to most sequels.

10. Renincuente

Renincuente What's a Dremel?

Wow that's awful news. Wasn't there another company available? Obsidian is a company with the "Inverted Midas touch gift" as everything they touch turns into crap, not gold.

Dudes did you really play those games? Honestly I have not played NWN2. I refrained to get it because of the avalanche of awful comments of the players (most coming from NWN1) about the lot of bugs and lots of issues it had . Still today I enter the forums and read stuff like that, so I stick with the old NWN1. And I'm not the only one, many users also came back to the 1st part after trying out the 2nd.

But KOTOR 2 I did play. And yes it has some better features than KOTOR I (some new additions) but is sadly broken, unfinished and buggy. The good things it has are provided by the basis that Bioware left so the real merit goes to them(ie: the Aurora engine, and all the mechanics of the 1st part) , so Obsidian even didn't have to program the hard stuff , because all the engine, etc was already there, and they manage to make an incomplete product. That says a lot about them.

I would even prefer if Bethesda would have picked Nival who made an horrible 1.0 version of Heroes V but later along the different patches finally got a stable and fine product (Heroes V original 1.6) and even released 2 great expansions HOF and ToTE (with only 1 patch for each ) and at least they managed to get something good at the end. But so far Obsidian didn't do that for neither NWN2 nor KOTOR 2, they just screwed them and that's all.

Hope they don't do it for a 3rd time, or even better: hope that Bethesda gets someone better to get the job done

11. supaste

supaste What's a Dremel?

Am I really the only one here who thought NWN2 was awful?

12. TurtlePerson2

TurtlePerson2 What's a Dremel?

Weaker seems like a bit unfair to use with KotOR2. I actually liked KotOR2 better than KotOR1. The gameplay in KotOR2 was a bit more refined, but it was how they integrated the storytelling with the gameplay that was so impressive. The back of the box said "The choices you make affect everyone around you." That was the theme of the game and was proven throughout the game with interactions between you and your party.

You're right that the game was rushed out, but I would rather play KotOR2 than KotOR1.

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Sounds great, I can't wait

14. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

Hmmmmm... Black Isle you say?
    I say kill all stupid ppl on Beth and let the Black Isle ppl do a good job. Perhaps if we kill every "eager for money" staff in Beth we could see a good game?

15. Juice

Juice What's a Dremel?

It still blows my mind to see people raving about fallout 3...

That game was all kinds of lame :p

16. karx11erx

karx11erx What's a Dremel?

Please please make it more colorful. I mean, even nuclear wastelands don't look like a bleached out postcard 200 years after the war took place? That's a typical mistake from a design director not really thinking far: Lets make the game look like a discolored photograph from the 1950's, and everybody will feel like being back in that time when seeing it. That's like make a WW2 game in black & white (because the movies from that time were all in black in white), and people will feel right there. Stupid, if you ask me (and if you don't, it's still stupid).

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

..Fallout: We're raping the good games to death with crappy continuations of the series.

I guess that title wasn't catchy enough.

I bet my ass there'll be a lackluster limited edition package, a very poor use of voice actors, and camera with an overlay layer at 80% gray.

18. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Agreed completely.

From what I've seen Obsidian are brought in to knock out sequels as I assume they are cheaper than other developers. KOTOR2 was rubbish compared to KOTOR in the gameplay sense and in the 'finished product' sense. So I think this is just Bethesda wanting to exploit the franchise as much as they can.

edit: having said that ill probably be a sucker again and buy it because i love fallout

poor games I bought because I liked the original:
    C&C3
    KOTOR2 (It was so bad i sold it on ebay, unplayable)
    ARMA (not the direct sequel but close enough)
    Battlefield Vietnam
    Battlefield 2142 (1942 and BF2 are good tho)
    probably more but cant think of them right now. but weve all been there.

Last edited: 21 Apr 2009
  19. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

FO3 was so bad, I gave my copy to a friend. Let's hope this new FO is more like an original.

20. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Time to kill some iradiated elvis impersonators!

Tags: Add Tags