1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia hints at game streaming technology

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 19 Aug 2011.

1. rogerrabbits

rogerrabbits What's a Dremel?

It's extremely useful in lots of situations but here is one example which might be quite common for people. You have a powerful gaming PC in your bedroom, and in your lounge you have a low power HTPC plugged in to your TV. It's a fully functioning PC, so you can browse the web on your TV, but the graphics card is a low energy fanless card, so no good for gaming.

With this gadget you would be able to play even Crysis on your HTPC, without ruining it's silence/energy efficiency etc.

As for the wireless issue, I don't think it's as bad as some people make out. I get a very good solid signal in my house, so I think it would work fine. And wireless is improving all the time too so it's daft for people to call this useless, especially seeing as it's probably a number of years from being available anyway.

2. fullsilence

fullsilence What's a Dremel?

There is free counterpart of StreamMyGame already called Single Player Game Transmitter.

Tags: Add Tags