1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Overwatch Beta Impressions

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 23 Feb 2016.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

2. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Always a weakness for online gaming, fine if you can get a regular team together for sessions, but for the rest of us, relying on maturity of complete strangers and non idiot teens ruining it, forget it.

3. DbD

DbD Minimodder

If TF2 is anything to go by you'll have at least half the team made of snipers and spies (whatever they are called in overwatch) despite the team needing at most one of each and hence being of barely any help at all. No one wanting to play medic/support, and the game will be carried by one or two people who actually learned how to play - they know the maps and how to play the higher skill higher mobility classes.

4. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Widowmaker is the sniper equivalent but as far as I can tell there isn't a "spy" archetype as a specific character (there may be elements in one or more of the builds available though).

Have been watching Mr Fruit play this and it looks interesting. I really like the art style and accessibility but I can see it suffering from a lack of team focus if playing with random people (Judging by Fruit's videos, if you go up against a team that know how to synergize their builds you are basically screwed).

Tags: Add Tags