1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Problem With Half-Life 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by arrowswake, 15 Jan 2005.

1. arrowswake

arrowswake What's a Dremel?

I have a problem with half-life 2. For some reason certain parts of the HUD are cut off. It happens with the current ammo, mostly. This happens with every gun, in every situation, and I don't know why. An example:

[​IMG]

I have an ATI All-In-Wonder 9800 Pro, and updated Catalyst drivers. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: I've tried different resolutions, I've tried messing with the quality controls, etc. It seems to be a problem with the source engine itself, because the screencap is from HL2 deathmatch, and it does it in regular HL2 and stuff too...

2. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

I've had this problem as well, you just have to learn how to live with it.

3. barry_n

barry_n What's a Dremel?

dont live with it, FIGHT IT, if i was you, id re-install HL2, delete the old gcf files and re-install, or do a GCF file check which can be done via a link but ive tottaly forgotten wht the link is, steam://sumfing.sumfing.

i only suggest the above because it seems some things arent being taken from the gcf file properly

edit: steam file validating: http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&archive=yes&id=351

4. arrowswake

I've already reinstalled it...completely. I erased EVERYTHING from my computer... Every game, and steam itself, and just downloaded steam again, then left it on overnight to download all the games (I was taking an intersession course at my school... only about 40 people living on campus, to share a 6 Mbit connection... I got max speeds of 4MB / sec :D ) I'll try that validating thing, though.

Edit: Just validated all the files, and everything's fine... Any other ideas?

Last edited: 16 Jan 2005
  5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Mine did that when I enabled AA, but was fine when I disabled it. So you could try turning that off

6. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Does seem to be a problem with the drivers as with most cases in game graphic glitches, just a guess though.

7. arrowswake

Yeah, but I have updated drivers. And it's not the anti-aliasing... I tried turning it off, then on, and changing the settings around, but no luck.

8. arrowswake

Ummm...okay, it randomly fixed itself, haha. I don't know why. I didn't change ANY options. Oh well, not complaining. :hehe:

Tags: