1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Radiator from a car?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kastman, 13 Apr 2002.

1. kastman

kastman What's a Dremel?

Yoo

I am on the hunt for a radiator in te size 20x20x? cm it can be smaller but not bigger i know that some cars got that size radiators (in the heater pakage) so anyone know of a car that got one?

http://dtekcustoms.safeshopper.com/images/br0rxooh.jpg
    this is exactly what i need but it is to expansive for me to order from there so anyr suggestions?

2. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

I have read elsewere that the core used by DTek is the same as that from a vauxhall chevette which is 175 x 186. I have got the one from the Vauxhall Cavalier 1981-1988 which is 168 x 182 with 16mm barbs. Serck gave me a copy of their manual for all of the heater cores that they do, so the measurements should be right. The guy at Serck recond that the Vauxhall Astra 1984 - 1992 sized 168mm x 182mm should also be a good core to use.

If you have a car in mind, let me know which one and I can give a brief description of it and the sizes for you.

3. kastman

kastman What's a Dremel?

ok i want a radiator in the size tha dtek got ((with tanks) are 6"W x 7"H X 2"Thick). if it is a vauxhall then what modell is it?..

4. kastman

kastman What's a Dremel?

do you got any pictures of you radiator?.. does it look like the dtek radiator or is it diffrent??

5. TiTch

TiTch h2o cooled

Yes mine does look simular to the dtek but with sides. I have got a photo of it and will email it to you. The astra is more compact and with barbs coming straight out of the top verticley.

6. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

go to ur local auto parts store and ask them for a heatercore book, itll have all the measurements u need...their usualy around $20....then like 5 for fittings and then another 3-4 for some jbweld

7. vdub

vdub What's a Dremel?

Use a heat exchanger (heater matrix) from a car. The bit thats used to warm the interior of a car as its more compact and efficent than the standard radiator in the engine bay.

8. [GiB] Spawny

[GiB] Spawny Xqpack Lovin

Vdub

I do believe they are revering to the heater matrix as opposed the the actual Engine rad. But a valid point :D

Tags: