1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux standalone pc-based mp3box

Discussion in 'Software' started by El_Angelo, 29 Oct 2003.

1. El_Angelo

El_Angelo What's a Dremel?

About a year ago I saw a guy on a forum that made a standalone mp3box based on an old pc and linux. I wanted to have the same but a manual didn't seem to be available.... So I start writing a manual myself...
    I called it the mp3box. It is completely remote controlled and I can see the mp3-tags of the playing songs on a lcd-screen. Inside is a harddisk with 40Gb of mp3's (sorted on artist and album). I can let it play random songs or I can let it play an artist, an album or just one song. It should be pausible to work with mp3cd's and http-streams, too. Also playlists are supported.
    If anyone is interested :
    link
    It is completely linux based but I have included all commands on the website so anybody with a little interest in pc's and openminded enough should be able to copy it...

Last edited: 28 Jan 2004
  2. RTT

RTT #parp

Hey, that's pretty cool - congrats :cooldude:

3. BlackTower

BlackTower What's a Dremel?

Good stuff!!! Ive looking at making an MP3 box for an incar application this could give me most of the info I need ty :)

4. Johnnyonetime

Johnnyonetime What's a Dremel?

Hey El Angelo, I was looking at your webpage and you said something about putting the OS into the RAM on boot up? That's gonna be a lot of tweaking. What I would do is get the OS all tweaked out to your liking and get all your MP3's sorted out and you can boot the filesystems in RO (Read Only) mode so that if you just power off it won't damage the filesystem. Just a thought. Check the /etc/fstab for the RO stuff..

5. simon w

simon w What's a Dremel?

Linkie added to bookmarks :thumb:

Tags: