1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Tesoro announces Excalibur keyboard's UK launch

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 21 Aug 2014.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Updated the article: Tesoro has confirmed that the board will have Kailh switches, although claims that Russia and China get Cherry MX for reasons not made immediately apparent.

3. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Is there a discernible difference between Cherry and Kailh switches?

4. Gareth Halfacree

Kailh are cheaper - which is why they're being used, obviously. Mech keyboard enthusiasts will tell you the difference between the two is night and day; as to whether you'd actually be able to tell in a double-blind trial? Probably not, especially if you're comparing two £65 keyboards.

5. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

Thanks, nice to know. I still can't convince myself to pull the trigger on a mech keyboard purchase. Quite happy with membrane keyboards tbh. I need to try out a mech board sometime really.

6. daletur328

daletur328 What's a Dremel?

They have some intersting designs and from reviews, that they are good for the price. I like the Tesoro Lobera Supreme. I just cant find any reliable retailers that sell them.

7. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

I own the Tesoro Durandal, which (supposedly) has legitimate Cherry MX brown switches. If it doesn't use real switches, I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference since I've never used another keyboard that has them. I don't care either - I feel like mechanical keyboards are seriously overrated, and this is coming from someone who regularly uses a command line on a daily basis. I'm pretty satisfied with the keyboard overall. The keys are a bit loud, particularly spacebar, shift, and backspace but otherwise it's a very nice product. It was the best valued keyboard I could find with brown switches.