Rant The NEWs - More planes missing

Discussion in 'General' started by andrew8200m, 24 Jul 2014.

1. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

Well...

Another flight has gone missing in Algeria, another crashed in Taiwan, one shot down last week and one missing vanishing off the face of the earth for weeks on end and probably an eternity to come...

The NEWS.

Why does the news prey on the weak and vulnerable who are easily influenced? The amount of planes going missing recently or crashing is no higher than normal yet theres some sort of conspiracy as to the safety of the fellow man says the news to the man.

Lets side track a little and look and Jimmy S and Rolf + the numerous others that fit that subject. Again, I doubt its anymore serious and involving than what goes down on a daily basis but as its continually brought to the publics attention the world must be going mad and is full of sick people. Why is this awful stuff happening said the news to the man? Well.. its because the world is a dangerous place so lets all buy much cotton wool.

Pulling away from the serious issues that the news is reporting on and looking at this objectively, the news is focusing on "news" that has a high hit rate/popularity for what ever reason to the public and in doing so gives the false illusion that its now far more serious than it ever was or has been. this is no doubt so that they can high five each other based on ratings and views like some sort of twisted "like" scheme you find on bookface.

To cut a long story short, why is the news becoming the TV mag or Now!? Why does the daily mail feel the need to subjectify (is there even a word?, I read it often enough) these reports with such horror that its far from the norm and that we should all be so very afraid? Why do other news sites and papers follow suit? Why am I not being told to lock my doors but keep my keys on me for all doors at all times to A, keep me safe from the nasty people outside and B so I can escape in case of a fire no matter what door I need to escape through? Why am I not being told Cars are evil and young drivers the devil as ultimately compared to a couple, of planes going down or going missing is not far from the truth?

I am yet to find a none bias news source and as a result I need to read the news from all angels and all sources to make my very own patch work quilt that reflects what I believe to be a closer truth by ruling out the rubbish.

I don't know what to believe any more.. perhaps Elvis isn't dead.. Perhaps there are Americans being abducted by little green men with big eyes and perhaps just maybe their is LSD in the water supply. All I know is that to live in this world now you need to switch off, ignore the "news" and focus on what is affecting you because if you don't these nasty things will certainly happen to you as that's what the media says the world is all about.

Im just waiting for the start of subliminal messages in my new reports to start buying alarmingly obscure amounts of tinned food, joining the Navy or thinking that donating to charitys that ultimately pay for supplies to militias in other countrys to carry on with their religious wars be that the original intention or not..

End rant.

2. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Well, I guess reality is what you make of it

3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Because it sells.

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Answer: Because it sells.

Edit: damn you KidMod-Southpaw :D.

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

No one is impartial.

I propose robots to take over news editorial:
    [​IMG]

(But who will be programming the robots? )

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

"Not enough LSD in the water in location HRU5. Please respond accordingly."

When the time comes, armageddon outta here.

7. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Fear sells, it's as simple as that.

8. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder

MD83 went missing 50 mins after take off

9. KidMod-Southpaw

I win! :D

Also:

[​IMG]

10. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

There's no news like bad news.

I've stopped watching the news and reading the papers because it is all so depressing. It does mean I miss some of the goings on in the world, but then I am happier for it. I know the world is an evil place; I don't need reminding of it on a daily basis.

11. RTT

RTT #parp

This, entirely. I stopped consuming news (tv/online) a few years ago. Much happier as a result - probably more ignorant on some issues, for example the ukraine/russia thing at the moment -- don't know much about it, but on the other hand, I don't much care especially as I can't do anything about it. :worried:

Last edited: 24 Jul 2014
  12. KidMod-Southpaw

I'm down to just reading the news online periodically, mainly because both BBC and ITV news (the morning ones especially) are bad on so many levels and the papers are generally awful.

Also dem savings when you don't buy papers. :p

13. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

The media has lost its honesty, moral integrity and ultimately its conscience. Gone are the days of reliable and honest reporting where little Timmy fell down the well. Today is the day of fear of im going to go any buy myself a metaphor and silence myself from this charade of BS Im continually subject to by wrapping myself up in cotton wool and forgetting about my life in the glass house.

Edit: Im glad so many of you also don't pay attention and don't care much about it all so although your having a joke about it its still nice to know :)

14. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I think this sums it up perfectly

15. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

16. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

The news follows public interest (as determined by sales/hits/internet chatter trending stuff), plus whatever agendas media moguls/advertisers etc may have.

Once a type of story that perhaps hasn't been covered or occurred recently crops up and the media register that the public is interested, they will logically hunt down similar stories - it's simple business sense, no?

Where you, or others, may be going wrong, is allowing yourself to believe that news coverage = importance. That is just down to media marketing - thrusting whatever product (story) they can get their hands on in such a way as to persuade us we need to know about it).

Importance is subjective/personal - nothing really matters, does it?

17. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

18. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

I only said 'may', and by saying you need to sift through the news to find the stuff you want implies that you think that at least some of it is important.

All communication is influential/manipulative, intended or otherwise. We all in one big mother-****ing melting pot. You don't like it? Get out of the melting pot.

19. KidMod-Southpaw

20. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Hang on, I'm confused. There are still people who think that commercial, mainstream media is here to inform/educate us?