1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Three owner buys O2 for £10.25 billion

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 25 Mar 2015.

1. Sanzy

Sanzy Minimodder

Bad move i think. We need more competition not less.

2. SchizoFrog

SchizoFrog What's a Dremel?

I think a lot of people are blinded by Three being relatively small in the UK. The facts are that Three is one of the largest Mobile providers in the World and are growing significantly with continual purchases such as this one as well as other networks, they are also owned by the richest man in Asia and yet still have the same 'value' ethos wherever they are.

Sometimes you need a big player to exist to fund major changes, while coverage has been improving year on year from the other main providers it just isn't fast enough nor is it good enough and Three do like to shake things up, their Feel At Home service is a good sign of that as no other provider offers anything like this as of yet. Like I have mentioned, if Germany was included then there would be no doubt that I would sign up with Three instantly.
    So hopefully this will not be a big negative (nothing from their previous acquisitions suggest otherwise) and so their coverage will improve indoors and out while keeping prices low.

3. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

giffgaff is a MVNO

and virgin mobile is a MVNO on EE

for 3 network this would give them a 2g network at last on their phones as O2 2G network overall is very good (i think mainly due to that i think they have to have 99% 2G coverage for emergency services) but with 3 and O2 that would give 3 network a massive boost in 3G coverage and would fill in most of the black spots that 3 has (speed on 3 is really not problem normally) but flip side would be some O2 customers will also get better coverage as well and 4G as well

but this is 1-2 years down the line before mast merging starts

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Three provided me with a boost box, better than having to use another app. Worth chasing them up for one.

5. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I don't think it would be worth it. I only spend £30 a year. Having a connection isn't as big as it once was as people get a hold of me through apps now. With viber, skype, voxer, telegram, hangouts, Twitter and snapchat everyone I know has at least one way of contacting me. Plus email of course.