1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zalman ZM80-HP or GeForce 4 Copper Cooler

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dash, 16 Oct 2002.

1. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

Well my fan died on my ti4200 but was kept alive by my two 80mm fans over the agp....my question is since I sometimes leave my comp on in my small room I like it to be as quiet as possible but since I am a gamer I also like it to preform well also...

Would it be better for me just to get the GeForce 4 Copper Cooler or could I get the Zalman ZM80-HP and leave that on with no fans for just surfing the net or just idle and turn the fans on to cool that through the relaybus during gaming and not have any performance hit.......and maybe still oc'it with the two fans on

I hope that made sence since its 5.00 am here....thanks you for any help you can provide :)

Last edited: 16 Oct 2002
  2. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

Presently working on a review of the ZM50. Based on that, I'd say that the ZM80 would be a good, although rather expensive choice.

Alternatively, with a single 80mm blowhole, I get excellent performance from a 1U server heatsink on my GF3, without a fan actually on it (relying on the blowhole).

www.geocities.com/isibson/gfxs1.jpg (C&P)

3. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

Thanks......I was looking at some pics at it and I seem to have the proper clearing for except for one part.....

Here it is installed
    [​IMG]

And on my motherboard would that one circuit be in the way of the heatsink pipe? :worried:
    [​IMG]

4. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

short answer i can give is maybe. It looks like the heatpipe goes over at a height off of the mother boar of just slightly greater then the edge of the ram hold-downs, if that cap is shorter than the hold downs and doesnt get in the way of your GFx card than you shouldbe fine.

If it is shorter than you are fine, taller and I think you should be more worried about the HS itselft contacting the capacitor in question. Ive looked twice but cant tell you any definite answer, you really need to get some measurments and check..., although it looks like you are in the clear.

5. Dash

Dash What's a Dremel?

ok thanks for the advise :clap:

but like you said I will start measuring just to be sure also.....thanks again to all :rock:

6. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

With the ZM50 the problem I had was that the top radiator interferes with the DIMM slot release catches. It can be squeezed in though.