1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a quick question regarding system prgrams

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by section8, 7 Apr 2007.

1. section8

section8 What's a Dremel?

hello all... just aboot to watercool my core 2 but was wondering what system programs to use for temperature... obviously its got to be accurate so was wandering what other peole have used...

also, the antivirus suite 'f-secure- came with my mobo, striker extreme, but it keeps popping up with several trojans found during the day... how is this happening now that its installed... should it not be protecting it...

i have everything up high, firewall and all, windows firewall, and i still dont waana online bank with all these trojans popping up!!!!!

am usung xp, but installing vista ultimate 64bit on my second hard disk soon...

any ideas?

2. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

many other threads like this :D But use PC Wizard 2007.

3. IAmATeaf

IAmATeaf Minimodder

4. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

Oh snap i thought this was same person asking about some sys programs, i think this thread needs to be deleted or merged or whatever.

5. section8

yeah sorry for the confusion... been on 12 hour nights for the last four shifts... this thread is mainly about my antivirus problem though... wanted to pick the forums brains to see if anyone had the same problem... having said that i am now using ie7 so maybe that was partly the issue...

thanks for the somewhat relevant replies and i am currently in the process of looking at the system programs...

thanks
    scott b

6. section8

oh and just for the record, no one has given me anyhints on a good temp probe program... or does everest do it all!!! currently using asus pc probe but not sure to trust it as it doesnt come with a manual to read...

can anyone aid me in the process of saying bye bye to these blooming trojans that keep popping up?!

7. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Speedfan. Easily the best.

8. culley

culley What's a Dremel?

1.As i said before pc wizard 2007 will moniter you temps on everything.
    2.Don't bother with these lame ass suite's they suck, a good security anaylist doesn't even use a firewall/AV they know what to click on and what not to. but if i was you i would use AVG works a treat.
    3.Once infected there isnt any program out there that can 100% remove all malware/spyware anything fishy like that, best bet do a clean install.
    4.Dont use Vista 64bit Microsoft has brought out a new feature in the UAC which makes all software that is going to be installed be digitally signed so at the present time hardly anything will work.