1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News AOL shows growth - cuts 700 jobs

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 30 Jan 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Doing well and cutting jobs?

Paranoid, much?

And no. No good words for AOL from me.

3. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

I remember the 90's where AOL CD's were so prolific and widespread that I think they were solely responsible for filling up the UK's rubbish landfill sites.

I have, and never would consider using AOL. Dont think Ive ever even been to visit their web pages.

Sign of the times isnt it.. Employees work their backsides off to save companies who (despite making huge sums of money still) lay them off.

I swear we will soon see a return to people coming back to the office with shotguns to say goodbye!

4. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

Blockbuster is doing something similar. Posted a profit year over year and yet they are adjusting store hours nationwide. : ( I guess if you have the excuse use it.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

They don't even need an excuse! Or non that I would accept. In Germany a couple of years ago Telecom [ex-monopolist in telecommunication and internet] announced a record profit and later that day or 1 or 2 days later announced they wanted to keep the share holders happy so they had to lay off 23,000 people. There is some hidden logic in it... there must be... I just can't get my hand around it.

6. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Shareholders expect a certain ROI.... It's all a game.....

Tags: Add Tags