1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows APB

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Edwards, 4 Jul 2011.

1. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

So my friends and I started playing APB last week. I wasn't expecting much if I'm being honest, having read comments from players of laggy servers, poor car mechanics and dull gameplay. That said, I've been thoroughly enjoying myself whiling away the hours on it.

There are definitely some niggles; such as the matchmaking system pitting you against ridiculous teams, and most of the cars fishtailing out of control at the slightest over-steer, but not enough to prevent me enjoying it regardless. Does anyone else play this game? Has anyone been playing it since before RTW went bust, and can tell me just how much it has changed since it first came out?

Grouping up with my friends has been great, and I'm sure (as with all MMOs) that going solo wouldn't give half as good of an experience. The level of customisation is very impressive also. We have gone enforcers, if anyone wants to add me, my in-game name is Xaelot.

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I've been playing APB since RTW's closed beta, currently a member of WASP on EU2 Patriot. Which server are you on?

When i first heard about the game being resurrected i was kind of worried, thinking i'd have to make a compromise and tolerate some evil F2P company. Turns out the chaps at G1 are quite nice, and what they've been doing with the game mostly turned out good so far. They also have a bunch of the old RTW staff working for them so that's reassuring.

Last edited: 4 Jul 2011
  3. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

i popped into to re-released version for a few hours and wasnt impressed. its not a terrible game but something about it just didnt "click" for me. great idea just poor execution i guess.

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

I've been curious about this game for awhile. I just got around to downloading and installing it today. Unfortunately I haven't been able to play as I get disconnected every 20 seconds because of some punkbuster error. I fraking hate punkbuster. Every time I come across a game that uses it it seems to cause nothing but a problem.

5. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

We're on one of the American servers, Joker I think (the guy who started playing it first in our group lives that way)

Having lots of irritation with balancing issues, and the respawn positions are grating at times as well. There are a fair few exploits also, but it is still in beta, and there look to be lots of fixes coming our way so it looks promising.

Lysol, I had this issue too. PB is a heap of junk. You need to get the punkbuster setup thingie and then select APB, it'll update the version of punkbuster you are using and you'll be golden.