1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Blizzard: "StarCraft still set for Q2 2010"

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 1 Mar 2010.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Zero_UK

Zero_UK What's a Dremel?

Fingers crossed for this...

3. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

Tentatively hopeful

4. billysielu

billysielu Minimodder

It's clearly going to be late, no point saying otherwise.

5. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

IMO it is not going to be late, it already is.

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

They're worse than Valve for delays, but if it's anywhere near as good as the the first StarCraft, then all will be forgiven.

I have seriously high hopes for this game; I can't remember any game in the last 8 years that I have looked forward to as much as this. And I can't get in on the beta :'(.

(In case you're wondering, that game 8 years ago was Final Fantasy X)

7. zelachang

zelachang What's a Dremel?

Given Blizz's release schedule from beta -> final product I would say it should be on time. Ive been playing a ton with my buddies' account and if it feels almost good enough to ship. If it were any other company besides blizzard they would have just released the game and balanced it later with patches.

8. Loafers

Loafers What's a Dremel?

Knowing Blizzard, it'll probably be released Q4.

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Does he want to share the love...? :D ;)

10. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

In the beta right now for me :p
    Quite good, too bad the only AI is "very easy"... Still I have battle.net for better foes (mostly much stronger than me). The thing is I don't want to play in ranked matches.

11. Stewb

Stewb What's a Dremel?

How did people get access tot he Beta? Just through battle.net... Guess my computer I signed up with isnt good enough (2 year old laptop), will do again with my new one....

12. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

Blizz gave out beta codes at a number of past events they held (BlizzCon), and those were the ones who got in the first wave of the beta. For the rest, I'm assuming they give out codes to the widest variety of hardware they can find in their beta opt-in pool.

13. Star*Dagger

Star*Dagger What's a Dremel?

Without strategic zoom, its DOA.

14. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Waiting for the third title to decide if I play it or not.

15. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Cheese taco...

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Seconded. Unless the campaign in each is shockingly good I'll just keep playing Supreme Commander 2 :D
    Judging by the campaign modes in most modern games, I expect at least 15 hours of quality gameplay per title. $50 for 5 hours of single player lately is somewhat mitigated by the now-standard option of multiplayer in all modern games, with SC2 simply buying one version will grant you the multiplayer, therefore the other two must be simply packed full of single player content to be worth full retail price. Spending $150 on what is essentially one game would be completely laughable with most other franchises, I do not intend to pay a $100 premium just because it has the Starcraft name, it must simply be as good as three individual games combined. Good luck, Blizzard.

Also, this is just begging to be pirated. Nothing's going to be sending poorer or spiteful gamers to the Pirate Bay faster than two $50 single player 'games' [read: expansion packs].

You might also notice that I never brought up the concept that they may retail at a reduced price. Coming from the company that's selling non-combat pets for $10+ in WoW (simply a little character model) I see no reason to believe that they won't charge full price.

17. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

Not buying it. It doesn't matter how good the reviews say it is or how much people rave about it on forums I have brilliant memories of the first game (it was literally the first game I played on PC) and I'm not taking the risk of those memories being overshadowed by bitter disappointment.... no matter how small that risk may be.

Oh, and I'm not stupid enough to buy 1 game in 3 full price parts.

EDIT: I'm lying actually. The real reason I'm not buying it is because I don't think I can play a sci-fi RTS nowadays without comparing it to SupCom which, judging from what I've seen and played of SupCom 2, is likely going to be the best RTS of all time (fingers crossed for SupCom 3!).

Last edited: 3 Mar 2010
  18. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I got an invitation through email a couple of days ago - Blizzard have made me a very happy man :rock:

Getting my ass kicked when playing online...

Tags: Add Tags