1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BT Voyager 2091 - FTP Problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Matt_117, 5 Oct 2006.

1. Matt_117

Matt_117 What's a Dremel?

Simply put...

I currently am trying to set up a brand new website, but since upgrading from jellyfish modem to router (went from Wanadoo to BT and got a free Voyager 2091), no FTP software will connect to my webspace.

I do not have firewalls/antivirus turned on (or installed, for that matter!) including Windows own. The router itself is upgraded to the latest firmware, and connects to my laptop via ethernet.

I have been into the router settings and opened a specific port for FTP, and set my FTP apps to use that port in particular, but to no avail. I have also reset the router back to default, which also made no difference.

CuteFTP Pro provides this:

I have "Googled" this, but I cannot find an answer.

I have told my host that there maybe a problem, but he believes there is nothing wrong at that end, which got proven tonight as I got a friend to login at his home.

Anyone had a similar problem? Is there a less expensive answer than to buy a new router?

2. thestig198

thestig198 Minimodder

Turn on your Windows Firewall then set your IP to the DMZ host in the routers setup for a little while to see if it works.

Don't forget to remove your IP from the DMZ after though.

3. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

Whats your FTP settings, you got the PASV mode settings correct etc?

4. Matt_117

Matt_117 What's a Dremel?

Just had a go, not made any difference.

These are the standard, default settings, used successfully before using the router:

[​IMG]