1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Burning DIVX

Discussion in 'Software' started by Bust_A_Cap, 13 Apr 2005.

1. Bust_A_Cap

Bust_A_Cap What's a Dremel?

Aight i have some movies that are in the DIVX format, but they are just taking up way to much space on my computer and I would much rather test out my new DVD burner and burn them to DVD.

I've read a few of the tutorials about general burning of DVD's but i think i might have missed a couple. So links to DVD burning tutorials would be helpful.

Now what i'm wondering is what kind of process do i need to go through so that i can burn the movie that i have in DIVX format onto a DVD? I have Adobe EncoreDVD and that's probably what i'll use to burn the movies, that way i can make menus and such.

Also as kind of a side note, i have several video files that are random sizes and types. When i try and import them into EncoreDVD it says that they are the wrong size or type (mainly i have mpeg's). (more often the wrong size, says they have to be 720x480, 720x486, or 704x486) I don't really want to enlarge the video clip because then the quality will decreace horribly. But if i could make it larger by just adding a black border around the outside or something like that, that would be fine.

Well thanks for your help!

2. padair

padair Inebriated

try NeroVision Express, it lets you take several divx films or mpegs and will convert the files and burn them to dvd. You can mix mpegs and divx on the same project.

it'll handle a mixture of screen formats, pal/ntsc etc.

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Another decent program is DVDsanta

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

TMPEG studio is your (expensive) friend.

5. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

6. Bust_A_Cap

Well i went ahead and got NeroVision Express. I got all my files inserted and the menu's made and i got it converted to a *.nrg* file. But i have run into 2 problems.

First off, it's not really a problem, just something i noticed, when NeroVision was showing me how much disc space i had left it only went up to 700mb, instead of the 4.7gb that my DVD disc can hold...what's up with that?

Next thing i ran into was what do i do with the *.nrg* file?

Or an even easier question is, is there a tutorial for making DVD's using NeroVision Express 3 out there?

Thank you!!

7. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

You have it set to burn to CD, it should be DVD, there should be an option somewhere (must be a manual operation rather than auto detect)

*.nrg is a nero generated disk image (same as an ISO), used nero to burn the image to a DVD/CD

8. Bust_A_Cap

When you say a manual operation do you mean that there is a jumper or some sort? or is it in the driver somewhere?

I've done a bit of looking around on google to see if other people have been having the same problem as i'm having with the DVD burner < by the way it's a DW-D22> and this is what i've found so far, i'll update as i find stuff.

http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1013231&page=4

Wow this is ridiculous...i tried to talk to Sony to see if they could help me out and they can't help me because the burner i have is OEM...that is ridiculous...well i'm going to contact the people that i bought the drive from and see if i can fix this.

Thanks for all your help!!

Last edited: 14 Apr 2005
  9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

No, I mean an option in Nero burning software, like a tickbox, or drop down in the options.

Tags: