1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Counter-Strike 1.6 ads ahoy!

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 6 Mar 2007.

1. z3rb

z3rb +4 str +4 stam

Garry chose to start charging for Garry's Mod. I for one am glad of that move because it allows him to create a better game (Full Source SDK)

2. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

The biggest reason I don't think that Valve is in the right here is the fact that they're not hosting the servers that you play on. They're not paying for that bandwidth and they're definatly not cuttings checks to the people who are paying for the upkeep of their servers. The game itself is pretty much not supported anymore so, yes, they are being greedy for placing ads in a game that hasn't received any major updates in, what, half a decade? If Valve wants to recoup the costs of distributing CS:1.6 over steam, then they need to put their damn ads on the download screen and not place them into the maps.

My point of this is...if they're going to put ads in games, FINE. But place them in games as they come out and not a decade later. It's their constantly mucking around with things that already worked and are now broken that have caused me to steer away from any Valve games of lately. Hell, Half-Life2 ran just fine on my computer when it first came out but thanks to one of their many updates, it's unplayable. :clap:

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Tags: Add Tags