1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding CS:S Mod READY TO BUILD

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Tr!nk, 9 Sep 2004.

1. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Hey, I'm looking for a new project to do, and I want to see if i can build a Mod for the upcomming Counter-Strike: Source. I already have some ideas, but I want more imput before I head to the work bench!

What I wanted to do is something under $1,000 and a MICRO ATX case (see below) and I want to turn it into a CS matchine.

Here is what I have so far.....

Case: AHANIX Silver/Blue Micro ATX Desktop With LCD Display
    [​IMG]

I was thinking something along the color of black, and a window (mabe some caution stickers)

Mother board: GIGABYTE "7VM400M-RZ" KM400 Chipset Motherboard for AMD
    [​IMG]

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 2800+
    [​IMG]
    I thought a 64 bit would be good :D

Graphics Card: GIGABYTE ATI RADEON 9600XT Video Card
    [​IMG]
    Since HL2 was suposed to work well with this, it should be good with cs:s

Other: Water cooling
    I want to make the Water cooling look like 2 HE nades from the game, and I want to fit in a C4 pack some where, idk maybe a warning light that you see in scientific labs when something bad is about to happen!
    [​IMG]

Alright, now its your turn GIVE ME FEEDBACK! :dremel:

Last edited: 29 Sep 2004
  2. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

well the he grenade can be a round reservoir

and the c4 pack can be the heater core or radiator

3. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

you could mod that front mounted display so it looks like the countdown timer of the c4?

sounds like a good mod, are you gunna base the outer case design around a cs:s map?

4. JEEVES

JEEVES Minimodder

nice case to start with, kool ideas but one thing. You said this was a source case mod right? Well mabey you should look into using things from source :worried: . Both the nade and the c4 are from cs not cs source. there is no more "HE" grenade (wich is good seeing as how they dont even kill a person, some "high explosive") now it is just a fragment grenade. And the C4 got an upgraded look as well. Other than that i wish you the best of luck with this.

JEEVES

5. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

ya basing the mod on a map would be cool. It would be cool with a dust theme, the case can be weathered and sandy like thats about the only map i could think of. Maybe iceworld or somethin heh

6. CYRiX

CYRiX What's a Dremel?

Make sure you model the CS:S ones and not the CS ones

7. Dinh

Dinh What's a Dremel?

Well.. Add a 3 digit lcd screen to i lol 5...4..3...2..1 BOOM !

8. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

actually get a 4 digit one

then see how long it takes to shut down the pc, then input it into the lcd somehow so that when you click shut down it counts down and then right before the pc shuts down it places a loud boom sound saying cts win or ts win ahaha

9. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Yea, I can't seem to get a hold of some pics of the new skins, any body know where I could get some? :worried:

and as for the case, it has 2 drive bays that I could fill with something, but what could I could fill the other one with, I do not know :confused:
    As for the bumb set-up maybe I could use this as the screen for the bomb

and I'm thinking for the other side, do a sut out and put like a CT USP or Deagle on like a pistol holder

Last edited: 12 Sep 2004
  10. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

I also can't seem to find a good power supply, I know i got the one there, but I know its not going to fit, anybody know where i can find a good one?

11. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

get a lcd with red letters/digits and a black background like the one in the bomb

If you dont wanna make the bomb the radiator you can make a hard drive holder type thing (a box that looks like the bomb) and have an lcd and you should leave the bays open so you can take it out (have all the cables longenough (lcd, ide cables)) and show it to your friends like heres my c4 hard drive rack/holder

i think that would be tight, but dunno if your case can fit that

go to newegg.com and type in the search

Fortron 530w then it should come up with that, buy that, its what im getting. and its cheap too, at frozen cpu its about 120

12. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

The only probem with the Fortron 530w is that its a standered ATX, this case is a Mirco ATX :waah:

13. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

ah ha! :idea:

now another question is, what do I do for the 3, 60mm fans in the back?
    [​IMG]

14. Bboy_Jon

Bboy_Jon Minimodder

wait so you didnt buy the case yet? why not get a bigger case or somethin?

15. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Well, I intended on makeing it a small case, cuz of both price, and originality. everybody does a mid tower, or a full tower, cuz it gives them a ton of space to work with, almost too much. So, keeping it smaller and more portable will not only give it mobility but it would give it style. Even though most of the coolest cases are mid tower, i just want it to be original, and not some PilouX or bootupbudda. I hope this case will be a new step in the right direction, to me modding a case is a work of art. It takes, time, effort, and grace, just like michangelo (can't spell his name). I just hope people look at modding like I do, so I don't feel like a hippy or something :thumb:

16. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Today, I was working on some sketches and I was thinking that the bomb would be the place for the res. tank, pump and cpu temp as the timer on the top, and i can program is so that if it goes over a certain temp, it willl have a flashing red light, and a beeping noise. :idea:

[​IMG]
    and this would be the tubes on the side

[​IMG]
    also im going to put a removeable hard drive on in the other bay, and make it look like its an ammo box or some sort.

then on the inside I wana find some of that punched aluminum to cover half the mother board and the graphics card

also I wana make some 9mm bullet holes in the window on one side, kinda like it was in a fire fight

and since CS:S doesn't have a simple logo, I would want to mill out "Counter-Strike Source" on the left front, of the case and have the window in back, and held in by rivits. and the lettering would be back light and change colors from light blue, to red, to white, cool eh?

and that emergancy light that I was talking about before,
    [​IMG]
    what do you think?

17. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Looks good but that rotating light is too big in my opinion. I have one and they are big, loud and bright. Like the nade and bomb idea alot.

18. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the info! Now since its the weekend, I can finaly sit on my ass and think about this mod! :D
    I also was looking throught the forum, and bilbo franginz seems to have had the same idea as me, and I had no clue he did that since I'm a noob :wallbash:
    but I haven't seen him do anything els on it, cuz i think he ran out of money or something :duh:

but hopefully my mod will be more original since its a micro ATX
    (I wonder if anybody will coppy like alot of people trying to do the city 17 mod :hehe: )

19. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Anybody know where I could get a cool key pad for the bomb?

20. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

Sounds and looks (in my mind) great, but here are two questions you should be thinking about:

-Where will each watercooling component be located? Remember since you are using that AGP slot you may have a major space problem.

-What size tubing will you use (and as a result, what blocks, rad, etc will be used)?

I really have no idea where you could put the rad in there. Perhaps the rear, but I bet those are 60mm fans in the back? Looks great - I wanna buy that case now! Keep us up to date on any progress.