1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding CS:S Mod READY TO BUILD

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Tr!nk, 9 Sep 2004.

1. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Well I was thinking of the rad. on the other side of the case near the bottom, with an extra 120 mm fan sticking out the side to suck in the air. I woul aso modify the hard drive bay area, so that the air being forced into the case, would cool down the hard drive as well. But how should I mount the fan on the outside? maybe a sheild using this kind of metal, with a High Explosive sign on it

you think this will fit?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 12 Sep 2004
  2. user0001

user0001 What's a Dremel?

That radiator looks good (especially for the price - for once a good deal at xoxide!) but you have to plan it all before you leap. That rad is 3/8 so look around for a CPU block that is 3/8. I personally wouldnt use anything below 1/2, but in a case like this, 1/2 probably would be too large. LOL - look what I just found here. That is an awesome deal for a block (I paid $25 for my Spir@l and that is a budget price) and is low-profile which is what you need. Heck, at these prices, I am almost tempted to but one...

3. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

yea good call, that would also look cool cuz I'm going to put some UV coloing into to the fluid. maybe blue or red? but anyways, interms of the pump, I want to put it in the C4 box, but will that be a strain on the motor? (since its pumping the water up, then pumping it into the res. and down to the raidator, to the waterblock, and back to the pump)

maybe ill ask my my shop teacher (I go to a votech school and im in the machineshop and robotics) he has a degree in fluid machanics :thumb:

4. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

well it looks like this is another $1,000 project :sigh:

I'm going to have to wait a month till i can get the money from work

but that won't stop me from getting idea's and pre-production on it =) ill just us autodesk inventer 5 (CAD) till then

5. user0001

Shouldnt be a problem. In fact, you should be able to use almost any pump you can find since you would only be cooling the CPU. I would suggest a pump like the Danger Den 12v pump or similar - they cost more but are a lot smaller, quieter (pump less), and connect via a molex connector. Could you draw up where components would be placed? I am seriously thinking about buying this case (even though I dont need another comp really). If I was doin this I probably would cut out the lower 5.25" drive bay for space. It would also help airflow through the rad. If you wanted, you could also drill a hole all the way through the case so that outside air flows through the rad for enhanced cooling.

6. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

looks like this could be a good mod.

But

you hotlinked all of your images, thats bad, please rehost them yourself. if you do not have your own hosting there are plenty of threads around containing places that wil do it for you for free.

7. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

oh sorry, since im a noob, I didn't know about hotlinking, so I just got a photo bucket account, and changed all the pics :D
    sorry for the probems

8. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Thanks bud :thumb:

9. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]
    Sorry but i dont have a picture of the right pannel where I was going to put the rad.

10. Bilbo Fraggins

Bilbo Fraggins What's a Dremel?

I seem to have started a new wave of mods :blush:

11. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Not at all, when i came up for this idea, I never even seen your post before I came up with this idea, I got all of this on my own. sorry but I dont copy people :worried:

12. Bilbo Fraggins

Bilbo Fraggins What's a Dremel?

I know u didnt cpy cuz I hvnt made an update yet.. im just glad that the theme has caught on. :clap:

13. epidemik

epidemik What's a Dremel?

oooh ahh.. that is lookin badass :thumb:

14. user0001

Sorry to say it, but once I saw that case and its dimensions, I cant help but think there will be a charge on my credit card soon :hehe: . Oh and I do happen to water cool my nicer comps so I guess I wouldnt call that copying. :) I dont plan on mine (if and when I do it - I have one to work on now and I'm already thinking about another :D ) costing $1k - probably around $200 at the most for case and cooling. I probably would go with the AMD XP Mobile and some great micro motherboard that lets me overclock (BTW: what is a good board for this (think NF7S but microATX)?) to take advantage of h2o cooling. For now you could always buy the case and mod it so its ready for the hardware. Then use onboard until you get better.

15. Infraggable Krunk

Infraggable Krunk What's a Dremel?

oh yeah Your ideas are clearly on top of my list...

geesh man really who do you think you are, Not even modders such as Zapwizard and Mashie are so full of themselves like yourself
    edit

Ok without clarification this post would just be a flame.

Your ideas are, well just ideas. Until you actually implement them how can you really claim fame to them.

oh and btw the pics seem to be down

16. user0001

I think he really means the CSS idea with the bomb, ammo box, and the red back light. Just about anyone should drool over the case and its modability

17. noCode

noCode What's a Dremel?

That picture is not of the motherboard you're talking about. The GIGABYTE "7VM400M-RZ" KM400 is a socket A motherboard, for Athlon XP processors. The motherboard in the picture is a Socket 754, and most certanly doesn't have a KM400 chipset. Only the motherboard in the picture will work with that CPU, not the one you're giving the model number for.

18. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Yea I know, when in planing I was looking at something different, untill I noticed that the sockets where off, i just coppied and pasted old info before I re-check things (it was around 1 am when I was looking at parts)
    this is the link to the motherboard that I will get!

AND FYI TO ALL: I'm not full of myself or anything, I just dont want my idea of using a micro ATX case for a CS:S mod being coppied. The CS:S mod theme is open to everybody, thanks to bilbo :D
    I just don't want anybody taking my pic and using it on their forum and calling it their idea! I have had many of my engeenering designs stolen from me before and I dont want it to happen again.
    Once, I did a boston university robotics challenge and I left my designs in my shop, and the next day they were gone and someone in the drafting shop made a carbon coppy of my design! I have had bad luck in the past, so please, I'm not full of myself, I'm just careful of my ideas :thumb:

By the way, I highly recomend using the CS:S theme, its a great one! and never underestimate a micro ATX case! You can do more stuff then you think, and you wont have that worrie about that empty space in your case full size case, to try to fill :idea:

oh yea, and on a lighter note, I will be starting production on this Mod in 2 months, or as soon as I can get my hands on a dremel and a milling matchine :dremel:

Oh yea and if anybody loves that case as much as user does here is the link to it =) enjoy (i would only get this case cuz it comes with its own power supply, it will be tough to find a powersuppy that fits)

Last edited: 13 Sep 2004
  19. CYRiX

CYRiX What's a Dremel?

A pictire STOLEN off of another site, and details added on it, isn't much to steal, and plus if you just put your name in it and a detailed bg (so they can;t erase your name) and your good.

20. Tr!nk

Tr!nk What's a Dremel?

Sorry

Ok, I've change the pic, because I dont want to be viewed apon as an complete jackass :wallbash: I really care about modding, and I want people to take me seriously, and in a since i'm sorry for all of this, cuz I never want anybody to think that i'm stuck up or just completely full of it! I guess since i'm so new at this, I dont know how to act in in the modding world. So, I just want to say, that i'm very sorry for all of this, and all I want to be is accepted in the world of modding :sigh:

So, since thats taken care of, anybody have any clues on what dreml I should buy??? cuz i'm about to head to the nearest store to buy one :dremel: