1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows F1 2011 (Windows/360/PS3)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by samkiller42, 21 Sep 2011.

1. antonyand

antonyand mmm Jaffa Cakes

Yeh, play have gone down hill recently. I'm never ordering with them again after what they did to me last. Still waiting for somehting i ordered 3 months ago! :nono:

Those youtube videos look amazin tbf and i might be purchasing this.

2. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Not got mine yet either - went through Shop.to.

Never pre-ordering again - all that suspense and excitement => total & utter disappointment.

Not really. I'll cane it on Sunday (assuming I get it tomorrow).

3. bluespider42

bluespider42 Minimodder

Also still waiting on Play.com ...

4. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Got the game this afternoon, woo.

Just installed, set up graphics and ran the benchmark. Max of 64fps, with an Average of 54fps, With all settings set to Ultra, and at 2560*1600 in DX11 mode, very nice me thinks.

Now to set up my G25 with the game, and start my career.

Sam

5. Porkins' Wingman

Still waiting - nnot impressed now. Email received on Wednesday saying it had been shipped first class. First class BS more like!

6. Gabkicks

Gabkicks What's a Dremel?

the game's a lot of fun :) Buut, launching the cars from a standing start requires virtually no skill. I dont know if it is the same in the rain since I haven't experienced that yet.

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Waiting for shops to stock it...

8. Xcellente

Xcellente What's a Dremel?

please delete my post

Last edited: 22 Oct 2011
  9. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Is the pitlane bug fixed? How does the safety car work?

Does the cars handle in a similar way to F1 2010?

10. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Ordered from Play last Tuesday, still not got it yet >_>

11. samkiller42

You mean, Being held there till everything has cleared? That was patched on F1 2010, and i've not suffered it yet.
    Not had a safety car, had wet races (only done 3 races) but no SC yet.

Cars handle differently from 2010, obvious really, given the Physics are much better. If you enable DRS around a corner, there's 2 outcomes, Crash, or Spin.

It's enjoyable though, Even with the most annoying bug (which i think i've fixed)

Sam

12. Porkins' Wingman

Dispatch email from Shop.to on 21st. Still not got it. Thieving postmen or lying Shop.to?

13. Porkins' Wingman

What's the bug?

14. samkiller42

I use a G25 Wheel/Pedals, every time i start the game up, it pre-selects the Keyboard as the primary game controller, so every time i drive out the pits, and turn the wheel, i drive on in a straight line, till i enter the options and change it back to the G25.

Also, i didn't fix it.

Sam

15. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

Gone up to £25 on play now. I just bought a logitech dfgt on ebay. Worth buying f1?

16. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

Have to say, its brilliant, in a strange kind of twist its a bit more difficult but I seem to doing better, no real bugs that i can see and plays as smooth as you like maxed out on a gtx 460 1GB.

17. thewelshbrummie

thewelshbrummie Minimodder

My Windows copy arrived yesterday. Some thoughts after a day...

It feels far more arcadey than 2010. Graphically I can't decide if it's better or worse - it's definitely smoother than 2010 maxed out though.

And Kers makes getting 3-4 places on the start as easy as pressing a button...

Not had the safety car yet, though it's supposed to stay out for 2laps tops. It's no to the other 2.

Tried a short 20% distance race in Turkey as Hamilton (there's an achievement for winning Turkey with him referencing his tussles with Button there) - Kersed my way from 5th to 1st by the 1st corner, was just able to hold off the pack (even with them having DRS but with me using Schumacher tactics from Italy, which went unpunished) and pitted. Still forced to wait as in 2010 and lost 3 places. Then couldn't keep up with the drivers who benefitted. Probably wouldn't have won but certainly should have finished higher up. Major fail.

Car handling is very different, Kers makes hitting the rev limiter very easy if you use it too much at the start of a long straight (Hamilton in Italy). Using DRS on a corner isn't recommended, probably simlar to attempting a tyre burnout on ice. Also, the TV camera over the driver's head moves and rocks when cornering, very different to 2010 where it didn't happen. The front wing in 2010 seemed to make no difference, likewise tyres. Comppletely different in 2011. Tyre grip is massively different. You can also adjust fuel mix.

Difficulty wise it generally seems far easier. Take Abu Dhabi.

I always clip the curb on the chicane between both long straights, which in 2010 usually results in me facing the wrong way. I had to limit myself to 30% distance as spinning would cost me too many places, making 3 flashbacks essential on 2nd easiest difficulty.

In 2011, I've just completed 2 100% distance races there at pro difficulty (one below legend). Lapped the field the 2nd time. No flashbacks or spins at the chicane. Couldn't do that on the Intermediate difficulty in 2010, let alone pro.

The penalties seem more leinient too, especially the rules on corner cutting.

On the plus side, Abu Dhabi has proper day-night transitions over a 100% distance race. And the hotel roof on the track changes colour as it does during a real race.

General pros: tyre wear seems pretty accurate. DRS on a bend usually results in a crash (as it should, a la Maldonado in Italy Qualifying), as does excessive Kers. Extreme wet weather is far more challenging. Graphics far smoother (possibly the fps isn't limited, I'm suspicious that it is in 2010). Kers and DRS make it a very different experience.

Cons: No Unkle remix of Ian Brown's F.E.A.R. Arcadey feel. Kers makes the start far too easy (2010 was a good start if I held position). Limited distance options (30%, 40%, 75% distances removed). Choosing the flying lap option in qualifing or practice takes you about 1/3 to 1/2 a lap, rather than on the start/finish straight.

18. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Agree with a lot of what Welsh Brummie says when I was playing it on intermediate but upping the AI makes the races a lot harder as does disabling TC, with TC on high you can nail the throttle every corner resulting in you winning every race, pretty much, you need to knock that right down.

Finding it quite enjoyable on PC, I think the flying lap bit is a pro as in 2010 the brakes/tyres were never up to temp and 2011 is the same so this gives you a bit of time to bring them in.

I am getting much better framerates vs 2010, the engine is a lot smoother and so more enjoyable.

19. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

No fix you just have to remember to press the third red button on the gearstick by default or whatever you bound pause to.

Now for my bug using a G25 and no matter what i play with i have a bug where the ffb suddenly drops off while turning. Makes taking hairpins impossible as the wheel suddenly going light means i turn too much and spin out. Almost feels like severe understeer except that the car still has plenty of grip and can turn more.

20. Porkins' Wingman

So is there a shortage of supply of physical copies of this game then? I'm still waiting but the Shop.to policy is to wait 15 days before reporting as lost ~:(