1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Google Wave killed off

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 5 Aug 2010.

1. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

wave kind of reminded me of microsoft back in the early windows 95 days when microsfot first demonstrated the idea of an HTPC with streaming movies froma library the technology ws very cool but we just werent ready for it, 15 years on almost everybody uses there pc/laptop for iplayer / movies to some extent maybe some derivation of wave will be the same

2. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Aye, they didn't do a lot of mainstream publicity of this thing. I remember hearing about it last year, and that was it. They launched, failed and are issuing statements about it already? Google failed at pushing this out to the public. Which is surprising considering their ad network. Does this perhaps mean that they where not that confident in it to begin with?

If anything the innovation of the program taught them things they didn't know before. It'll spur other fields of interest/development later on if anything.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm not at all surprised.

4. ffjason

ffjason What's a Dremel?

Wave was what e-mail should be like! I hope they integrate the features into gmail instead.

This is the technology of the future just left to waste away. I am for one sad to see it go, but will continue to use it with friends who do use the service.

5. delriogw

delriogw What's a Dremel?

could it partly be the fact that you need an invite to such things.

a lot of people that might try these things they come up with never get a chance cos they don't know the right people

6. aLtikal

aLtikal 1338-One step infront of the pro's

I used wave and watched the videos of it before it was used. It was amazing! It deffo deserved more coverage which google deffo didnt give it. Shame to see this :(

7. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

XD About time. Thanks though, to whoever gave me my invite way back.

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

nooooooooo.

if it wasn't for google wave, i'd probably have failed 2 out of 3 of my project last year.

wave is so easy to use to put down quick thoughts, it saves commuting time of group members when writing group reports, use it to make minutes are effortless when everyone's contributing, and best of all, it will have a record of every edit.

looks like the only alternative now is Zenbe shareflow, a paid solution.

9. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

how much would it have cost to keep supporting it?

I hate google today

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Aww, I was sort of hoping that would take off. Oh well, no doubt Google will come back with something bigger and better in no time :)

11. Nature

Nature Minimodder

Verizon, Google in Reported Deal for Tiered Internet Use

The internet and telecom giants Verizon and Google have reportedly reached an agreement to impose a tiered system for accessing the internet. The deal would enable Verizon to charge for quicker access to online content over wireless devices, a violation of the concept of net neutrality that calls for equal access to all services. The deal comes amidst closed-door meetings between the Federal Communications Commission and major telecom giants on crafting new regulations. In a statement, the media reform group Free Press criticized the Google-Verizon deal, saying, "The financial interests of Google appear to have finally trumped its belief in policies to preserve the open Internet...The Federal Communications Commission cannot stand by and allow the biggest market players to create two Internets."

-Democracy Now!

12. kingjohn

kingjohn mod this sucker

I-M-O goooglies doesnt want too own too much anyway because that will only hurt its profits , im sure goooglies just wants too advertize on sites owned by others as this will reduce goooooglies operational costs , the greedy capitalist money grabbing you-no-whats .

Tags: Add Tags