1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays HDTV through RGB

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by monkeytennis, 28 Sep 2009.

1. monkeytennis

monkeytennis What's a Dremel?

Evening all. I still havn't got round to getting a decent monitor yet but I fancy watching a Blu-Ray film. I have a 22" HDTV and wanted to plug that it. However, the only lead I have is RGB ( the HDMI one will not plug into the 4890 and I don't have a converter, only RGB to DVI) but when plugged in it says 'no input' on the screen. Am I missing something basic? Thanks for any advice:D

2. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

Check your screens max/native resolution and check the refresh rate, it could be that the signal is out of range... also, are you connecting this as a second display or as the only display?

If secondary make sure you have enabled the 2nd display in windows (ausing your using windows) display properties.
    Note VGA/RGB does not carry HDCP which is required on some blu-ray titles, however "Any-HDDVD" is a usfull tool for resolving this.

3. monkeytennis

monkeytennis What's a Dremel?

I was using it as the only display. I disconnected my monitor and then plugged this in, in its place. I had used it with my previous PC as a monitor breifly with no problems, but for some reason it is not 'seen' with this one. I did even change the resolution from 1440*900 to 1280*720 just before plugging it in but still no joy. Any advice?