1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors help with pc case lights and car

Discussion in 'General' started by [->>Curly<<-], 13 Feb 2005.

1. [->>Curly<<-]

[->>Curly<<-] What's a Dremel?

ok a got some UV 12" cathodes from ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7950380117&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

and i know how to hook it up to ma pc cause its simple lol plug in and switch the switch.

but a dont want it in my pc a want it in my car and i have no idea of wats and voltage and stuff like that my car is 12v

i hope its as simple as cuting off the pc fiting bit and conecting the wires to the battery but it never is plese some one help me :thumb:

if this is in the wrong section plese leve a reply/Ghost topic b4 moving/deleating so i no i posted it and am not insane lol :D

2. Springs

Springs Boing boing

its pretty easy to hook them up to your car IMO

what i would do is hook them up to the 12V power connector that powers your radio/cd player... it saves you all that hassle running extra wire round your car...

if they havent already got them on it would be best to change the connectors to the same ones that are on the back of your car stereo..
    you might have to run some extra wire from where the switch is to where the cathodes are... but its not that hard they just need 12V to run thats the main thing... if your gonna extend the wires to make it all fit nice its best that you extend the wires that are on the power/switch side of the inverter... :D

if there is anything u dont understand just ask..

also did u actually buy those exact ones from ebay? IMO thats a total rip off.. you can pick up cathodes for as little at £3 or so off ebuyer... my bro did the same thing but paid twice as much as those on ebay...

3. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

You can run them off the *** lighter too if you can't be arsed messing about with the wiring behind the dashboard ;)

4. [->>Curly<<-]

yip thats the 1ns a got

and no way am i spoyiling the look og the car by using a *** slot

5. Springs

Springs Boing boing

its easier to take power from the radio that it is with the *** socket.. you would either have to make a connector to go through the main socket of you could rip out the socket and re wire it... but its still easier to take it from the stereo..

6. Stompy

Stompy What's a Dremel?

Lmao I don't believe you payed that much for those... they're probably just these

7. [->>Curly<<-]

your linky is broked lol :thumb:

8. Springs

Springs Boing boing

9. [->>Curly<<-]

a well 2 late 4 it now :(( but there is always next time :D

10. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

a lil advice on the wiring.

go buy somne blade fuse taps at a local electrical supply place (id assume that you have blade fuses in your car) they just slide over the fuses you already have and you can connect to them much easier. no cutting or anything involved and IMO much easier

i use them for wiring up crossovers and lights and such. just make sure you dont hook them up to your headlight fuse or anything, cuz if it shorts youd rather lose power to your radio not your lights.

Tags: