1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Help with what design i should pick

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Gramps-Makarov, 19 Feb 2018.

1. Gramps-Makarov

Gramps-Makarov What's a Dremel?

Hi all.

I would need some help with which of these two designs I will choose.
    Sitting right now at the time of writing with a half Powermac g5 case and one after the entry drove over the first with a truck or the like.

Case without modding:

[​IMG]
    Here's my first idea that I was going to make before I got home my broken case:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It will not have those logos on since i did new once that are not as popping in your eyes and also the motherboard tray will be all the way to the fans in the front.
    Will also do a cable hidding on the back side and do two outcuts in a pattern on the motherboard tray and cable hider.

But as i said when i got the case home i didnt think i would get a new one that was whole from the post servies but they manage to replace me with one.
    So i started to sketch on a plan for the case with glas sides and a whole new inside of the case and this is what i could make from it:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The empty place on top is for the PSU, but im a little worried that the fans that will be 4x140 two on each side will not provide the airflow for the cpu and gpu since the motherboard is in the center of the case.

But what dont you do for a special design?

My question to you guys are, what design would you go for if it was you building?

//Gramps

Last edited: 19 Feb 2018
  2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

First one with glass sides.

3. Gramps-Makarov

I been having that in my mind also, but i do like the frame you get with the powermac g5 cases

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I figured from the first post the outer frame legs were destroyed. You could make new ones. You would need a big, strong pipe to make the curved bends. That would give you the opportunity to change the shape a bit. -Maybe a slight point or slope to the edge of the sides, or a different shape to the feet/handles.

5. Gramps-Makarov

Yeah you do have a good point that you can change the shape of it, will put the one case that is a bit messed up and rethink a plan around it.
    Since i got a new one that is in good shape I will start make a mod from that since i have been away from modding a long time and make it a bit easier and also need a new computer soon since mine cant drag my sketch up files any more.

So will put the heavier project later and try to redo the design of it and plan the project a bit more.

6. CAF PCs

CAF PCs Custom PCs

I wouldn't put the I/O on the bottom unless you are REALLY confident you won't often plug things in/out. Either that or if you do, keep room in your budget for a 3.1 gen 2 USB-C hub that you would allow you to plug things in/out easily and all work without bandwidth limitations