1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kobian's 0716

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 24 Nov 2004.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

Well, I could buy that, but then again I could spend another £10-£15 and get the real deal. To me, the features which the PC-60 has but this case doesn't have are well worth the money. Especially the painted sides. How can anyone live with those sides, knowing that they could be burshed like a Lian-Li?

3. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

looks alright, but that wierd emblem on the front is kinda mangey....

have they got a license from lian li for this? or is it just a full on clone?

4. Shrapnill

Shrapnill What's a Dremel?

Jeebus- this couldnt be more of a Lian-Li rip. Even the fake carbon fiber top on the front bezel? Yeesh...

I agree: if they really do cost 40GBP (75USD) then I say drop the extra FOUR DOLLARS and grab the PC-7 from newegg.

Interesting write up tho.

5. Cheese

Cheese Doc

I'd guess they all come from the same factory and the various companies (Lian Li included) just badge them...

As for -Xp-'s comment about the side panels, it's a very minor point, they certainly don't look out of place (my camera makes them look worse than they do). I'd played with the case a while before I noticed, defo wouldn't pay £15 extra for brushed panels myself. The only thing that'd make pay the extra is the front panel design... even then Kobian do sell a range of designs.

Rob.

6. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

I dunno if you have one of the second generation* PC60s Cheese (the overall jist of your article suggests not) but there were several different designs made (with funny numbers like 62, 63 etc)

There is a Lian Li model exactly like the case you've got there, it's very obviously come from the same factory which, I think, means LL made it themselves (since I *think* they actually own their factory). Even the "USB1, USB2" stamping on the inside of the flap is the same.

* the ones without the horrible surround for the front buttons/LEDs.

7. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

8. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

Like I said above.. having the proof is nice though

But yeah, it is old news now :rolleyes: :p

Tags: Add Tags