1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lian Li expands manufacturing capabilities

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 6 Nov 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

SWEEEETTTTT. :)

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I must say i would like to know who came up with there recent case designs, because there aweful! ie Tyr PC-X2000, 'screams and runs to wash eyes with soap'

What would be awesome is if Lian li started to offer a customize function on there website, so you can get it almost pre-modded by them. considering the material is already in the laser cutter, why not add those cuts and save your dremal? lol!

4. mrb_no1

mrb_no1 Pie Eater

nice idea burnout, i like it but my initial thoughts would be that they have quotas to match and this may just balls all that up. plus adding new cuts into the line (even if they are pre programmed) can just make things go wrong. more importantly its probably such a niche market that the costs off setting it up would massively outweigh the market share gain/ potential profit. I like the idea though

peace

fatman

5. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

your local job shop probably has a precision plasma, water jet or laser system that would probably set you up. Going rate is around 30-50/hr for cut time not to mention any setup fees or programming fees they have. IT costs about 25-30$/hr to run a laser or waterjet in terms of consumables electricity etc.

the factory I work at has an amada cnc laser and an amada cnc turret punch press. They really are time savers and we have ours running 24/7 during 3 shifts.

6. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

I do have to say That burnout21 has a point there new cases are not that nice. 1 thing i dont like is top usb ports little flap on the top of cases. Also a modding thing on there site would be nice. Laser cut window designs. or Rad holes laser cut.

Tags: Add Tags