1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Nvidia Shield Android micro-console comes to Europe

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 30 Sep 2015.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Lover of bit-tech Administrator

2. GTIgeneral

GTIgeneral Minimodder

Pricing is a bit extortionate, £80 for a 500GB HDD, £40 for a remote and £25 for a plastic stand??? just cant see who would actually buy one of these. Just under £300 for the full bundle, why would someone buy one of these when you can get a full games console or even build a half decent PC using second hand parts

3. forum_user

forum_user forum_title

Game streaming will always be second rate compared to playing the full version on a full PC or console.

The average Joe/Jill will have never heard of the Nvidia Shield, so who is this aimed at?

I wonder if Nvidia will be declaring a profits warning due to this item .....

4. gosh

gosh Minimodder

£150 is just cheap enough to pique my interest, will be curious to know how storage is setup - can it take an SD card or usb HDD, and is the 500gb version an ssd and if so could an SDD or HDD be installed on the standard version ?

WAN game streaming doesn't interest me in the least though, even if UK didn;t have shitty broadband (unless you live in london) there are too many things that can mess up the experience.

Tags: Add Tags