1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Online Quiz software, Free?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mister_Tad, 1 Aug 2019.

1. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I'm looking for something that's like SurveyMonkey but not quite (as I want to have 30 questions, weighted answers etc).

I've written a certification exam for a product and want to trial it on an audience of around 100 people, just to make sure the difficulty is okay, and no ambiguity etc, before rolling it out officially.

I have "proper" exam software at my disposal, but the hoops I must jump through to roll it into this are many and complex, and I'd rather iron out all of the kinks before I line myself up to jump them.

There are 30 multiple choice questions, with answers varying from "most right" to "are you freaking kidding", and I'd like to weight the answers with positive and negative points.

I'd also like to time how long it takes people to do it, not allow changes to responses after the fact, and have a facility for commentary where individuals feel that a question is ambiguous etc.

I'd also like something that's free, because if I expense anything I'll likely get a slap because "we already have software for this".

I've googled, lots of options that I'm aware may do the job, but looking for answers from individuals that have used one tool or another and can say whether it's worth looking at.

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Google Forms?
    Not sure if it can do the timing, but it exports straight into Sheets, which makes all the weighting and whatnot pretty easy.

Mister_Tad likes this.
  3. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

That actually works a treat - I was so busy looking for exam/quiz specific stuff that I missed something that was right under my nose.

E-Cookies for @BentAnat

BentAnat likes this.
  4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Glad to be of help.